Upgrade Required message After today's required Automatic Live Update

Options
This morning when I logged on, there was an "Required, Automatic Launch Live Update", so I clicked the usual, "Next" "accept Terms & Next"  (I had updated yesterday, as I do every Monday Morning)
Ever since the mandatory Live Update, the attached message keeps popping up. 
I have clicked on the 'OK" to "automatically Launch Microsoft.NET 4.8 Framework"......nothing happens, then about 5 minutes later, the Update Required notice pops up again...
Is this happening to anyone else?
This is not happening on my other computer.  I am wondering why it is not automatically installing Microsoft.NET.4.8 when it says it will....

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    What version of Windows are you using? If you are using Windows 8, you'll need to update to Windows 8.1 before you can install the .NET Framework update. 
  • Storageinasnapp
    Storageinasnapp Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Windows 10 on both computers, only one of them is getting the message though. 
    My computer crashed shortly after I sent the above to Sitelink.  I had to restart again..maybe it will behave now :#
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    My main office computer is Windows 7 Pro.  I notice it keeps trying to update to Windows 10 but it isn't working.  How do I update to 8.1?
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JulieA Backup EVERYTHING you use. Get all the install disks and files for all of your programs ready.
    Download and run Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant. It will check your computer and make sure you all your devices, etc are compatible. It will then ask you which version of Windows 8.1 you would like to buy (I know of no legal and free way to get windows 8.1) and it will walk you through the rest of the process. 

As far as I know, it is basically a clean install, so everything (except some personal folders) gets removed from the computer.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For anyone having difficulty with the .NET install, try download from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48 (grab the Runtime, shouldn't need the Developer Pack)

Install that and then try Sitelink again.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I finally got mine updated. We run Windows 10 on both computers, but it gave me a hard time about updating on my main. After an hour and the .NET update, I got it to work and stop popping up
  • Adrienne_Danyel
    Adrienne_Danyel Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I got the same message. Same issue when you hit okay to download. Been on hold with sitelink for over 48 minutes which I have realized I am not the only store impacted. I decided to call our IT tech just to play it safe. 
  • Storageinasnapp
    Options
    Still the same problem after updating.  If I have Windows 10, why do I have to install windows 8.1  
    It looks like Angela Reyes got it to finally install on her Windows 10.  Curious why it is happening to one of my computers and not the other (yet) they are set up exactly the same.  
    Might be time to call my IT guy, unless Sitelink remedies the situation in another Update :/
  • JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    themage said:
    @JulieA Backup EVERYTHING you use. Get all the install disks and files for all of your programs ready.
    Download and run Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant. It will check your computer and make sure you all your devices, etc are compatible. It will then ask you which version of Windows 8.1 you would like to buy (I know of no legal and free way to get windows 8.1) and it will walk you through the rest of the process. 

As far as I know, it is basically a clean install, so everything (except some personal folders) gets removed from the computer.

"Install Disks" ?????  Are those still a thing?  

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still the same problem after updating.  If I have Windows 10, why do I have to install windows 8.1  
    It looks like Angela Reyes got it to finally install on her Windows 10.  Curious why it is happening to one of my computers and not the other (yet) they are set up exactly the same.  
    Might be time to call my IT guy, unless Sitelink remedies the situation in another Update :/
    You wouldn't install 8.1.  That was for the poster with 7 Pro.  That is the minimum system that can take this update.

We also had only 1 of our 3 computers with an issue.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We use Windows 7 pro. All we had to do was go to Microsoft's website and search for the .Net  download.

Here's the Link to Microsoft download --  https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework

To find .NET Framework versions by viewing the registry (Win 7)

1. On the Start menu, choose Run.

2. In the Open box, enter regedit.exe.

You must have administrative credentials to run regedit.exe.

3. In the Registry Editor, open the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP

The installed versions are listed under the NDP subkey. The version number is stored in the Version entry. For the .NET Framework 4 theVersion entry is under the Client or Full subkey (under NDP), or under both subkeys.

Note: The "NET Framework Setup" folder in the registry does not begin with a period.

• JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Storageinasnapp Is your computer itself up to date? I had to run a regular windows update before it would let me install my Framework update.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JamesStorage Ours are all up to date with Windows 10 and it still forced me to do the "Windows 8 update"  :facepalm: , this was a weird one for sure.
  • Storageinasnapp
    Options
    My computer is up to date. 
    The Upgrade required popped up all day yesterday and today.
    Today, however, it "installed" when I clicked OK.
    After the "Install" it auto-restarted my computer.
    Guess What!?!?  The message is STILL popping up  :/
  • ESS
    Options
    My computer is up to date. 
    The Upgrade required popped up all day yesterday and today.
    Today, however, it "installed" when I clicked OK.
    After the "Install" it auto-restarted my computer.
    Guess What!?!?  The message is STILL popping up  :/
    At this point, I would call remote support and have them check out and FIX the problem. That's ridiculous and would irritate me!
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Win 7 pro here, nonstop popups even when I hit skip.. Already got with owners and let them know they're gonna need to upgrade the OS but if I gotta have nonstop popups until then.. ugh...
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Orkocean said:
    Win 7 pro here, nonstop popups even when I hit skip.. Already got with owners and let them know they're gonna need to upgrade the OS but if I gotta have nonstop popups until then.. ugh...
    So sorry, Orkocean.  Sounds like you need a good drink to get through this chapter.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi there - 

If the .NET Framework update window opens and does not appear to launch, or otherwise opens again, try following these steps:

1. Open the SiteLink application.

2. Go to Tools and click Launch Live Update.

3. Follow the prompts to complete the Live Update.

4. Once the Live Update is complete, log into SiteLink Web Edition as you normally would.

5. You will see the .NET Framework update prompt again. Click OK or Next to launch the Installer.

6. The installer will guide you through installing the .NET Framework. 

7. You may get a message stating that you have pending Windows updates. If that is the case, you’ll need to navigate to your Windows Updates menu on your computer (click on the Windows search menu and type “updates”) to run those updates manually. Restart your computer before attempting to install the .NET Framework update again.

I hope this helps.

• Storageinasnapp
    Options
    Hi there - 

If the .NET Framework update window opens and does not appear to launch, or otherwise opens again, try following these steps:

1. Open the SiteLink application.

2. Go to Tools and click Launch Live Update.

3. Follow the prompts to complete the Live Update.

4. Once the Live Update is complete, log into SiteLink Web Edition as you normally would.

5. You will see the .NET Framework update prompt again. Click OK or Next to launch the Installer.

6. The installer will guide you through installing the .NET Framework. 

7. You may get a message stating that you have pending Windows updates. If that is the case, you’ll need to navigate to your Windows Updates menu on your computer (click on the Windows search menu and type “updates”) to run those updates manually. Restart your computer before attempting to install the .NET Framework update again.

I hope this helps.

Did all the above.  I then went to dotnet.net.microsoft.com, went to "Download"-"Dotnet Framework" clicked on 1st option "Download.net" Framework run time.... (per sitelink Merchant support advise).  
    It took over an hour to do it all, but Problem solved.  ;)
  • JamesStorage
    JamesStorage Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    @JulieA I used to work for a certain retail giant in their photo department. Everything was backed up onto floppy disks. That might explain a few things actually...

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads