Safety First - HiVis

Options
87ambie
87ambie Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
We all basically work in giant parking lots when out of the office. Posted signage is probably about 10-15 km/h (that's 6-10 m/h for my American friends out there). When you are out on the lot cleaning, showing lockers, doing lock check do you wear a high visibility vest? Is this something that is enforced where you work or is it by choice? I'm just trying to get a feel for general opinion as the gear is a safety requirement in my province, but management/staff feel it doesn't apply. 

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We do not. We have the limit posted on the gate and in our tenant info pkt they get a copy of and we explain it to them. Ours is 5mph, which not everyone listens to (they maybe go a few over, but still safe driving speed). We are very cautious while walking our property and we let tenants know to not let their children run around, etc. While on the golf cart we blow our horn 3Xs and pause before rounding a corner. To date, we haven't had any issues. I think if you feel safer with one on, definitely wear one. If it is a part of your insurance agreement, I would strongly encourage management and other staff to wear them, as well. That way, if there ever is an accident everyone will have covered all necessary bases. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We generally don't, though I have traffic cones and a bright orange maintenance cart to block off an area when I am doing maintenance.

Our speed limit is 10 miles per hour, though few actually try to keep it that slow. Many speedometers don't even register less than that and many cars idle faster than that.
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We do not everyone here pretty much drives safely except one lady who owns a cleaning business. When I am cleaning outside I stick close to the halls and peek out when our gate alarm sounds. We require our tenants to sign in so we see them from where we are at before they come our way 
  • 87ambie
    87ambie Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    Many thanks for your insights @ESS, @themage, @CVSSSTORAGE

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads