E mailing Move Out Receipt

Options
MrFugate
MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭
Is there a way to Email Move Out Receipts to customers WITH OUT going back in to their moved out account after the fact ?

What I'm thinking of is a prompt during the move out process ( Would you like to print a Move Out Receipt yes/no then Would you like to E-mail a Move Out Receipt yes/ no ) .
This would be helpful with the people who move out after the close of business when we find them on the next days walk thru & in my current case Closing down a property.

Comments

• JulieA
    JulieA Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    If refunding deposits or prorated rent the Move Out receipts are very difficult to understand. I would never share them with a customer. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get a prompt every time I move someone out ... let me try and find that setting ...
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get a prompt every time I move someone out ... let me try and find that setting ...
    It will prompt to email a receipt if you take a payment or have a refund due during the move out process, but the Move Out Receipt itself doesn't prompt.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    It will prompt to email a receipt if you take a payment or have a refund due during the move out process, but the Move Out Receipt itself doesn't prompt.
    True.  So, I guess I'm not following your question.  Who is moving them out after hours? 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    True.  So, I guess I'm not following your question.  Who is moving them out after hours? 
    No one. The customers move out after hours when the office is closed.  Then the office does the move out in SL the next day.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are they requesting/do you prefer to email them the actual Move Out receipt, but maybe someone doesn't have access to previous tenants?
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    ESS said:
    Are they requesting/do you prefer to email them the actual Move Out receipt, but maybe someone doesn't have access to previous tenants?
    This is just one of the reasons it would be nice if it just prompted to email at the same time as printing it at the end of the move out.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    ESS said:
    This is just one of the reasons it would be nice if it just prompted to email at the same time as printing it at the end of the move out.
    I agree 100%. When I first started with my company, I didn't have the permissions to access moved out accts. I would have to write down their email address, move them out, print the Move Out receipt, scan it to email, and then email it to the tenant. Now that I have the security access to, every now and then I will send one from the moved out acct, but only if they left owing me money. It should go hand-in-hand with the move out procedure.
  • 87ambie
    87ambie Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    I've asked this question myself before (on a different thread). It was suggested that I just create a CRM that would populate so many days past the move out days (such as zero days) so that the Move Out receipt would pop up in the reminders list. The letter would be a basic letter with auto populated Unit #, Tenant Name, Move Out Date. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    May not solve the original question, but there are utilities available that can "print to email". Basically installs like a printer driver. You select "print to email" as the printer when it wants to print the receipt, enter recipient, hit send.

Most windows installations also have "print to pdf" functionality, or "print to file". This way one could avoid having to print, scan, email and just attach the file directly.  Only saves one step, though.

One more option, though again, not sure it really solves the issue. One can print or email the moved-out receipt before performing the move out. In the unit's payment screen, open letters, select move out receipt, click "filled Documents", type in the move out date in the appropriate space, click email.
  • MiBOXNJ
    MiBOXNJ Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    I am here looking for the same thing. Sound so simple, why cant they just make the Moved Out receipt in an email format?
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    MiBOXNJ said:
    I am here looking for the same thing. Sound so simple, why cant they just make the Moved Out receipt in an email format?
    You can do that.  Go into Setup: Form Setup and copy the body of the Move Out Receipt.

Then go to Setup: Email, create a new email and paste it in and save it.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads