Charging after hours fees? Do you offer 24/7 access

skinman
skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

I have been working on a project and been away from the group for awhile. We are considering eliminating 24/7 access at our facilities after the 1st of the year. The owner and I are exploring the possibility of still offering it for a fee or eliminating it completely. What are everyones thoughts on this?

Who charges for 24/7 and what do you charge if you don't mind sharing? 

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I charge $10 extra per month for 24 hour access. I also have them put a card on file if I decide to allow them the 24 hour access. I currently only have 4 people on it: 2 of which are business tenants and 2 tenants cannot come during business hours due to work. I have 24 hr access for myself, as well.
  • dbudgen
    dbudgen Registered User ✭✭✭
    We have 1 tenant on 24 hr access. We do not charge him extra. He is only allowed 24 hr because he has 1 of our 3 parking spots. Our building have alarms on them so no one can have access after hours.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    We only allow parking free 24 hour access and charge $15 extra for storage tenants that want 24 hr.  We have about 4 (business tenants) that pay the extra. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @skinman - Welcome back.  What's the project?  
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    we have a few businesses who have 24 hour access but we do not make them pay. These are long term tenants who we trust. As far as people who straggle after closing we charge $15 per half hour and we rarely stay longer than an hour. I like the extra money but it always seems to be on days when I am super hungry or there are fights on that I do not want to miss =/
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @skinman - Welcome back.  What's the project?  
    We are adressing some curb appeal isssues at one of our locations before winter and then painting it next Spring. trying to get it finished before Winter really hits... Don't think we are going to make it.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Company wide it's not supposed to be allowed. Strict 7-7 at all sites. I know a few of the sites have had exceptions to the rule and we just got permission for 1 tenant to have 24 for a $10 fee. He only needs it once in a blue moon as he's a mobile tech for a bigger company and he's a regular in the office for his deliveries that we've gotten to know so owners said as long as we trust him it's fine. 

My wife used to like to offer 24 hour access for move ins when people would give sob stories, we never really had any bad experiences from it but at the same time I don't want to open up the possibility of issues so I put a stop to allowing those.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads