New TSSA Lease

Pat
Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
Anyone in TX also using the new TSSA lease and finding it extremely cumbersome to have to manually fill in info?

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why you are having to manually fill it out. We are members of TSSA as well and use Blue Moon and it exports right to the site. 
  • marylea1612
    marylea1612 Registered User
    We have sitelink web edition and tomorrow we are getting the new tssa lease and doing away with the blue moon lease. On the set up instructions it says that we can only have  either the e-sign or print versions not both. Can I opt in for the print version and then add the sitelink e-sign option to send them to customer by e-mail?
  • Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    TSSA  is switching from Blue Moon to their own version. Smaller print; NO vehicle lease yet;  only prints emergency access, not others with access rights, have to manually note if in military; Specials have to be written in - no where to type them in as before. You can preview the lease, but not edit anything.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pat said:
    TSSA  is switching from Blue Moon to their own version. Smaller print; NO vehicle lease yet;  only prints emergency access, not others with access rights, have to manually note if in military; Specials have to be written in - no where to type them in as before. You can preview the lease, but not edit anything.
    WOW! We will be doing the switch in February. We are also considering switching to QuikStor for mgmt software. It is completely pointless to have to type everything in when it could be entered automatically and seamlessly, just like it does with Blue Moon. 
  • Pat
    Most is filled in, but not all. Especially not having a vehicle lease - we do alot of parking rentals. Also, leases are not saved so you hve to go thru alot of steps to reprint an existing tenant lease. Maybe as time goes on it will be refined.
  • PSC
    PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
    Did you notice that they have a checkbox for the tenant to select "Accepted Payment Methods". Why do tenants get to check which methods we accept? I edited it on mine. 

I did a test rental and had a very hard time reading the e-sign agreement on my phone and computer screen. Have you used it with a customer yet? I'm worried about their responses. Printing it out is just as small too. :( 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone relying on the TSSA lease if you have so many issues with it? Yes, it's "designed" by their lawyers but you are free to make your own lease. Look over the TSSA lease, highlight what in it you want to keep or change, look over other companies leases and do the same, sit with your owners and come up with a lease that meets your needs.

FYI the "big boys" have their leases online for easy reads. I recreated the ones for this company via ones i've had from 2 different companies in my past and looking over ones from some of the big boys and tailored it to fit the needs of these owners.
  • ESS
    edited December 2019
    Orkocean said:
    Why is everyone relying on the TSSA lease if you have so many issues with it? Yes, it's "designed" by their lawyers but you are free to make your own lease. Look over the TSSA lease, highlight what in it you want to keep or change, look over other companies leases and do the same, sit with your owners and come up with a lease that meets your needs.

FYI the "big boys" have their leases online for easy reads. I recreated the ones for this company via ones i've had from 2 different companies in my past and looking over ones from some of the big boys and tailored it to fit the needs of these owners.
    It's not the TSSA lease we are having issues with, it's SiteLink's ability to work well with TSSA's lease. It works great with BM thru TSSA, but for some reason operators are having issues with SL integrating their "letters" to the correct format/set-up.
  • PSC
    PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
    ESS said:
    Orkocean said:

It's not the TSSA lease we are having issues with, it's SiteLink's ability to work well with TSSA's lease. It works great with BM thru TSSA, but for some reason operators are having issues with SL integrating their "letters" to the correct format/set-up.
    Ess- You hit the nail on the head. The new lease actually looks fine. It's the integration with Sitelink that makes it so terrible. I've tried adjusting the font on my own and margins. Sitelink forms are a little hard to work with. Hopefully TXSSA can work something out with Sitelink in the near future. 
  • Pat
    I have tried to enlarge the font - were you able to do this?
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSC said:
    ESS said:
    Orkocean said:

Ess- You hit the nail on the head. The new lease actually looks fine. It's the integration with Sitelink that makes it so terrible. I've tried adjusting the font on my own and margins. Sitelink forms are a little hard to work with. Hopefully TXSSA can work something out with Sitelink in the near future. 
    If someone with form editor access wants to copy the entirety of the new lease y'all are having trouble with and paste it to me in a message or email I can take a look at it in forms and see if I can possibly fix it to read better in sitelink for you. Always been the go to when forms were needing to be made proper in sitelink for my prior companies :)
  • ESS
    Has there been any improvement to the merge? We are currently on the wait list so I'm hoping the kinks are worked out, for the most part.
  • Pat
    Spoke with them about a week ago - still working on it. We asked for larger font and to remove the "about;blank" that prints on bottom of every page.
  • PSC
    PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
    Did they act like they would fix it?
  • Pat
    They said they have a few things to work on still.
  • Orkocean
    Curious as i'm trying to toy with it to help you Texans out... The Html version, are you just loading it straight into your lease html form? I tried creating a form on my database to edit it in for html and it's telling me the one I was sent is too large of a file size to load into sitelink...
  • ESS
    I'm not sure how it got loaded, but ours just went into effect. It prints very small tho  :/
  • aceypoo1
    aceypoo1 Registered User
    No kidding about the print size for TSSA lease!!!  I just about go blind trying to read it!!  Have an appointment tomorrow to switch from the print version to the e-sign version.  Hope I don't regret it!!  What type of device are you all using for the customer to sign on?  I'm "technically challenged" so don't really understand good questions to ask regarding that.
  • ESS
    @aceypoo1 We are considering signing up for esign due to our office being physically closed. Can you let me know how was the merge process, did it take long, etc.? I have also seen people vouching for a certain device, I will tag you in that post.
  • KarenPenrod
    KarenPenrod Registered User
    We don't do ours online. Paper form fill out here with filing cabinets for storage of hard copies. We use sitelink for most stuff but not that. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

@ESS - I remember when we first started using esign.  Once you get it set up, you will wonder why you didn't do it earlier.  Kind of like when you first start taking credit card payments - a little setup process, and then you are good to go.

Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Dtinfla
    Dtinfla Registered User ✭✭✭
    We just recently started doing the esign due to the office being closed.  I made sure I tried it on myself to see how the process looked from a customer's perspective and it was very easy.  
  • Pat
    Can you do esign and paper leases? For those that do not have smart phones or use computers? I heard it was one way or the other.
  • Dtinfla
    Dtinfla Registered User ✭✭✭
    The ones that I have done, you get to the end of the process and have the option of printing the lease.  We have had a couple of people who could not get it done on their computer or smart phone, we just printed it out and had them sign it.  
  • Pat
    Thanks - something to look into I guess.
  • PSC
    PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a solution for doing vehicle/boat/etc? 
    We'd love to offer online move-in's but do not know if it is possible to turn it off for certain units, or have a way to input vehicle information.
  • Pat
    We have scanned the form from old BlueMoon/TSSA for Vehicle storage - TSSA can't seem to add this to their lease for some reason. Then send to tenant along with Info sheet - they can email back along with copy of registration/title, etc for vehicle. We require proof of ownership.  Extra steps bu it does work if they are computer users. A bit more cumbersome on phones but doable.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    PSC said:
    We'd love to offer online move-in's but do not know if it is possible to turn it off for certain units, or have a way to input vehicle information.
    You can exclude any unit you want from appearing on the website in the Edit Units section.  You can also require the Drivers License be entered when they move in  - in the Tenant Defaults section.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • StoredSafe
    StoredSafe Registered User
    We are a new facility but have lease 1 for storage and lease 2 for any parking, RV, Boat. On the lease it has the vehicle info for tenant to fill in. It's super hard to see with small font but it get everything accomplished. 
  • Pat
    Are you using a TSSA lease for the parking? They said they were working on one, but...
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    PSC said:
    You can exclude any unit you want from appearing on the website in the Edit Units section.  You can also require the Drivers License be entered when they move in  - in the Tenant Defaults section.

How do you get the required ID for online rentals?  Thanks
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    JulieAton said:
    PSC said:

I don't have gate access info on anything they get with online documents.  So once they move in, I send a welcome email and tell them I will send their gate code for access once they reply to me with a photo of their ID.

Now, I have an Automatit website, and they just setup the ability for it to be uploaded during the rental process, but I haven't had a rental since they did that, so I'm not sure how it plays out!
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Pat said:
    Can you do esign and paper leases? For those that do not have smart phones or use computers? I heard it was one way or the other.
    Yes you can, in the move-in screen you choose preview and print from there. Also you can find all of your forms in letters and do the same thing. 
  • i43storage
    JulieAton said:
    PSC said:

In the Tenant Defaults, you can click the box next to Driver's License.  
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton said:
    PSC said:

In the Tenant Defaults, you can click the box next to Driver's License.  
    I thought that just required the employee to input that field.  How do you get the DL for an online rental? 

• i43storage
    @JulieAton - Anything that is set as a default/required for a move-in is also the default if someone rents it online.  The system doesn't care if it is an employee in the office or a future tenant on his phone, it will be required if set in the settings as a required field.

Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • JulieAton
    @JulieAton - Anything that is set as a default/required for a move-in is also the default if someone rents it online.  The system doesn't care if it is an employee in the office or a future tenant on his phone, it will be required if set in the settings as a required field.

I played around with it and see where it does add * for required but it still didn't add a field for Alternate Phone Number.
  • i43storage
    edited May 2020
    Guess it's time to call Sitelink.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • JulieAton
    Guess it's time to all Sitelink.
    Have several times.  They didn't think that was an important part of their on line rental process. 
  • i43storage
    JulieAton said:
    Guess it's time to all Sitelink.
    Have several times.  They didn't think that was an important part of their on line rental process. 
    Sad.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads