Late fee settings

Orkocean
Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe i'm overlooking a simple thing or a setting in another section but we have a site in Nevada and the manager was just going over our lease with me over the phone and he pointed out his customers are only being charged $20 late fee's and not the $20 or 20% that NV says can be done. When I went in to sitelink - tenant fee's to look into it I noticed most are set to "fixed - $20" and a few are set to "% - 20%".

What I can't find is a way to set everyone so it does either $20 or 20%, whichever is greater, the only options are fixed, percentage and conform to california late fee's. What might I be missing?

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    We dont use percentage, but in Setup, Charges, you can set percentage with minimum charge. Would that do what you want? Set 20% with $20 minimum.

And then in Program Defaults, Late Fees, set "Late fees use settings under charge setup".
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now it's even more confuzzling as those are the settings in place already. Which late fee setting in Tenant Fees would be the applicable fee to use so those settings hold true?

For instance a tenant with $165 rent received a $20 late fee instead of the 20%, the setting on that specific unit in the Tenant Fee's screen is "Fixed".

Not sure which setting allows the settings you mentioned under Charges/Program defaults to take control over the Tenant Fee/Late fee setting selected.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it also go by $ amount?  California has that weird "tiered" late fee based on rental amount...never looked at Nevada's laws. 

Maybe Sitelink has a "NV" setting that's hidden?  I'm just thinking what a nightmare it would be if it wasn't automatically calculated by the software!

• Orkocean
    Unless it's a hidden setting that I havn't found in my years and not on their hidden button list I was given. Nevada can be $20 or 20% whichever is greater, we have all the settings correct we thought, but the manager pointed out EVERYONE is only $20, including the high priced units so quite a bit we're losing out on with late fee's
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    As far as I can tell, the tenants must be set to percentage for the percentage or minimum to work. If they are set to fixed, they can only get the $20. 

In Setup, Units and Tenants, Batch edit Tenant Fees, you can select all and edit them to "percentage of rent"

• Orkocean
    themage said:
    As far as I can tell, the tenants must be set to percentage for the percentage or minimum to work. If they are set to fixed, they can only get the $20. 

In Setup, Units and Tenants, Batch edit Tenant Fees, you can select all and edit them to "percentage of rent"

Will try that out, all the ones I spot checked were set to "Fixed" so I'll put them all to % and see what comes of it. Thanks for the input!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads