ACH -- Uncommitted Batch

Options
What is the difference between submitting and committing ACH transactions?  I've got 14 transactions from the previous month sitting in an uncommitted batch.  Does that mean they were recorded in Sitelink but we never got money from the financial institution?  If so, how could we have gotten a returned/rejected transaction (NSF) before the batch was committed?

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As I understand it, Submit basically adds it to the list (and tells Sitelink a payment has been made?). Commit actually starts the process of moving money between banks.

The returns, rejections and other issues show up when you click the "daily task" Check For Returns in the ACH screen. I believe the default checks for any issues in the last 15 days.

We Submit, Commit, and Check for Returns every day just before close.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads