esign text box

dde
dde Registered User ✭✭
Has anyone used the <esign textbox (optional)> in a form? I placed it in a form. Then went into the form to place comments into it. It allows me to do that but when I email the customer to read and sign the document the comments only show a few characters. I can't seem to expand the text box to allow for the customer to read the comments provided. real useless if you can't read all of the comments. Maybe I haven't set it up correctly on the form.
Tagged:

Comments

• kaydus
    kaydus Registered User
    Was this ever answered? I am curious as well
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    I would love to see an answer.  I have had problems with forms and esign.

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just playing around with it, I can't find a simple way to do it. It seems to be meant for the customer to input information, as the box (kind of) resizes as they type, and then would hopefully keep its dimensions when finalized. If it gets re-opened without being finalized, it seems to reset. 

The best way I can find to use it at all is to pretty much give it it's own page at the end of a document for the customer to write in. If I need to write instructions, I put them in the email that gets sent with the E-sign link. If the instructions are the same across most customers for the document, then I edit those instructions into the original form.
  • amware
    amware Registered User
    I'd also like to see this addressed.  Its not uncommon for forms to have help text within the field that automatically gets overwritten when text is typed into the field.  If we were able to provide help text that explains what should be entered that would stretch the box enough for my customers to know how much to type.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, thank you all for resurfacing this thread! We are looking into various changes to our eSign platform to address these concerns. Growing/shrinking fields and a webform-styled experience are among the features we're considering. As @themagesaid, the optional eSign text field is intended only for tenant input when completing the document. Any instructions or comments desired should be placed into the form template.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads