Online Auction

Options
Just wondering when doing a online auction how many pictures do you try to show for each unit?  I normally like to take detailed pictures trying to show everything that I can see from the door way.  I use a zoom camera and try to get pictures of what is in the back of the unit as well.  Kinda thinking that if you show too many then people might not bid as well because they can tell what all is in the unit.  What are your thoughts???

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do the same.  I even bought a selfie stick to reach farther back!  The more detail the better.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll reach my hands back if needed to get a better picture of something but I don't go crazy. I want them to have the same view as if someone would at a live auction. As far as how many pictures we use a tic tac toe grid, look at the unit and divide it into 9 sections like a tic tac toe board, then a picture of the full unit *excluding unit #*, any interesting items to point out and a picture of the seal tag fully engaged. Amazes me when I see units posted where the seal tag picture is of it laying on a golf cart seat, yeah.. I have no trust in those units then.

As far as zooming, if you're using a phone to take the pictures just FYI don't bother zooming, most phones the "zoom" is digital and not optical, this means you could take a unzoomed photo and digitally zoom it in when viewing the photo for a much clearer view than if you zoom it in to take the picture.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads