Credit cards being continually declined - Solutions gladly accepted

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
At our two locations in Florida we have 30 to 40 tenants (out of 1200) whose credit cards are routinely rejected every time they are run on auto pay.  They are not responsive to calls, emails, or texts. Has anyone solved this problem?  Do we make them cash or check customer only? Thanks.

Comments

• GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Can y'all run them through manually?  I know that is a pain, but an idea none-the-less!
  • Dtinfla
    Dtinfla Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We take them off of autopay until they can provide us with updated card information.  
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We run ours manually daily, since we are on anniversary day and not due on the first. We run them the first couple days and then we will call and keep notes. Once they go into prelien we no longer try the card due to only accepting cash or money order payments
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dtinfla said:
    We take them off of autopay until they can provide us with updated card information.  
    I take them off of auto pay as well. 

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As @Dtinfla stated, we remove them from autopay after they have declined by the second of the month (we're FOM billing). I send them an email and call them to let them know it has been turned off until they can update their card or until they notify us there are funds in the account and it can be processed successfully. I learned in this forum that even if a card is declined, we still get charged a processing fee so I quit keeping them on autopay for as long as we were, with them declining. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At my first couple of locations, the authorization form stated that if it was declined for 3 days, they would be charged a $25 reprocessing fee and they could no longer use autopay.  I only had to charge that fee 1 time to 1 customer!  Everyone stayed on top of it because they didn't want to pay it!!!

Here, we just run it daily.  And text/email daily that it has declined.  There are only a couple, but they are repeat offenders!!!  I think I need to go back to my old ways.  It worked better.
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Great ideas!  Time to drop the hammer!!  Thanks.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads