Transfer to different storage space

Options
JulieAton
JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
I have been working on forms for eSign.  Do you complete a new Rental Agreement in the case of transfer?  Populate the form with figures from the transfer?  Is there a way to do a transfer from Lead to Lease? Thanks

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it's a transfer we complete a new lease, and every company i've ever worked at is the same. It's only done via the "Transfer" button. Lead to lease is for new customer inquiries, although some use it to reserve units for those that are wanting to transfer in the near future instead of just making the unit unrentable until the point they are ready so as to make sure no one accidentally rents it out to someone else.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to do a transfer online.  So what I have done is complete it by phone w/payment and then email the new docs for them to eSign.

To do it from Lead to Lease, you could just do a reservation, have the rental completed.  Then do the move-out from the other space and credit the difference.  But that way they will have to pay in full now and get the credit toward the next payment.
  • JulieAton
    Options
    It is a pretty common occurrence. Wish the software platform was enhanced to help with transfers.  Like Orkocean stated we do reservation in L2L so no one rents the space.  Give the tenant 24-48 hours to transfer and then process the transfer in Sitelink.  I know we should do a new Rental Agreement but we have always had them sign the Transfer Form or make a note on the bottom of original Rental Agreement and have them initial. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JulieAton said:
    I know we should do a new Rental Agreement but we have always had them sign the Transfer Form or make a note on the bottom of original Rental Agreement and have them initial. 
    Have you had that hold up in court?  I was always trained that every unit gets a whole new contract, no matter how many others they've had, since each unit is a unique contract.  But I've always wondered if there was an easier way for the customer.  I mean, now with the eSign option, it is easier since they don't have to fill out all the manual paperwork again and we can just email the docs, but still...
  • JulieAton
    Options
    I haven't had any issues in court.  But like you have always been told to do a new agreement.  eDocuments and eSign should make that easier.  Maybe I can create a new lease that just has the unit information & monthly amount.  Not sure how I will handle the deposit. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we just have them sign the transfer sheet. It has the new unit number on it, the new amount and it says they are acknowledging the same rules of our facility in the lease they signed apply to this new unit and they sign out of the old unit. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads