Lifting of ban on auctions, evictions, and rate increases?

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
Who will lift the ban on auctions, evictions, and rate increases?  Federal or State?

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't have bans on any of that here.  Only if we wanted to increase rates more than 10% - which we don't do anyway.
  • rmason
    Options
    Here in FL we do.  Must be a State thing.  Thanks.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have no official bans in Wisconsin, we are simply just not doing them for now.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • rmason
    Options
    Thanks.  Found the "ban" was included in our (FL) stay-at-home mandate from our Gov.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't have one that i've ever found here in CA. One of our tenants thinks an executive order from March says otherwise though and just sent her certified letter back in disposition of lien yesterday. And just got told by text as I was typing this she sent disposition to our other site she has 2 units at today, disposing a lien that isn't even in place...... 

Lady has always been a late payer and was in lien before Covid even happened at this specific site, another one of our sites she has 2 units which did go into lien during covid so I have not processed her for those as we decided we wont process any new liens when covid started, only continue the ones which were already going on.

Owners even offered to waive ALL fee's, just pay your rent/insurance charges to get caught up and she didn't. 
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Orkocean
    there isn't one in California. Our site is not waiving any fees nor halting the process of auctions. All the people currently in auction are constantly late and in auction. One actually called today and said how heartless we were because she would have paid on time but I have 5 years worth of auction history that shows that is not true
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also in CA.

We are waiving all late fees, delaying increases until after the "crisis", and no Auctions for now.

Although we are going ahead with the Lien process after a 30 day "grace" period. I don't think we will charge the Lien fees though as the optics would be bad.

In fact Id rather let the big REITS auction a few locals and get themselves vilified in the local papers first....then we can start.

• sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options

Also in CA.

We are waiving all late fees, delaying increases until after the "crisis", and no Auctions for now.

Although we are going ahead with the Lien process after a 30 day "grace" period. I don't think we will charge the Lien fees though as the optics would be bad.

In fact Id rather let the big REITS auction a few locals and get themselves vilified in the local papers first....then we can start.

Same here, in California.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been helping out the waitresses and hairdressers who have little $40 units with no late fees and no auctions - no problem.  It's the guy that has 8 units with me totaling $700/month that has me worried.  He now owes $1,400!  He is a business owner of a couple of strip joints.  My only hope is that he REALLY wants what is inside of those 8 units and will pay in full once the state re-opens.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • secondarystorage
    secondarystorage Registered User
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks for all of your feedback! This is awesome! We're doing the same here in PA. 30 day grace period on lien notices, then sending but not running auctions until this is "over". Question for you @teamcapitola and @sonyawiprud - are you making any changes to the lien notice? Or just leaving as is and not running the auction on specified date? Thanks again!!
  • CVSSSTORAGE
    CVSSSTORAGE Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @teamcapitola
    it has been awful during all this to have to tell people no late fees are being waived. I get yelled at on a daily basis. I understand their frustration but I just work here. I feel terrible for the people who have never been late who are suddenly late for the first time =( 
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    The company I work for --31 properties is going to start auctions and late fees again starting 7-1.
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    rmason said:
    Here in FL we do.  Must be a State thing.  Thanks.
    We are in Fla also. we are planning on starting late fees back up June1st do you know of a reason we cant 
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    rmason said:
    Thanks.  Found the "ban" was included in our (FL) stay-at-home mandate from our Gov.
    Mason     when are we suppose to be able to start late fees?

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads