ACH Commit all Submitted Transactions

Options
JulieAton
JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
Do you have a set time of the day you do this procedure?  Do you do it 7 days a week?  Is it necessary?  Thanks

Comments

• GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    This has to do with tenants who pay by check on file--like bill pay.  All our rent is due on the first and we do ours every month on the first. 
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    GSI03 said:
    This has to do with tenants who pay by check on file--like bill pay.  All our rent is due on the first and we do ours every month on the first. 

We auto process on 1st & 3rd but have many tenants that pay online with ACH.  What time of day do you
    "Commit all Submitted".  I need to check my emails from processing but seems they go through regardless of committing?
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We dont have any that pay online, so I dont know that answer.  But after we do the lock check on the first, to make sure on one has moved out. then we process and commit them.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We commit them once a day, usually just before closing. Sometimes any ACH transactions initiated overnight are committed in the morning, too.

As I understand it, ACH is a batch transaction. Submitting them creates a list, and committing them starts the process of transferring funds between bank accounts.

I am not certain if they are automatically committed at close or not. 

As a side note, it is important to "check for returns" regularly, too, since that is the only way Sitelink will catch any NSF or other issues. We check for returns daily.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads