Customers returning their eSign documents

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
With the ongoing COVID19 we are increasing our usage of eSign move-ins.  Everything is working okay up to and including sending the documents to them for eSign.  Getting them to return the signed documents to us is another story.  Calling, texting, and emailing them has not been effective for about 25% of our new customers.  Going forward (lesson learned) we are not allowing move-ins unless we have signed documents in hand.  Anyone have a better way to get them to respond?  Thanks.

Comments

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Denied access seems to be the best way to get any tenant's attention.   B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Pat
    Pat Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    We have been using esign, too. But I require payment before I send them the lease to esign, and lock does not come off unit til all said and done. 
  • L_Greenwell
    L_Greenwell Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am also requiring paperwork to be signed first also. I tried overlocking, that just seems to cause more agitation. I would rather have everything in place before letting them in.
  • GoGreen
    GoGreen Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We recently started using E-Sign as well and require that they have signed everything, returned it to us, and payment has been made before the lease officially starts. Just like our in-person leases. We've had really good results by enforcing those rules electronically as well.

As for how to handle tenants who already moved in but haven't completed the lease... We would probably call/email them and let the tenant know that they would be locked out on (whatever date) unless the lease is completed and returned by then. If they don't read the email or listed to the voicemail, they would be likely to call if they were unable to get into the facility to figure out why. Then we could have that conversation again and let them know that they will have access once the paperwork is complete. We've had to take similar actions before for other situations, and it usually goes well.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For over two years, I have been trying to get someone to sign a new lease for an additional unit.  Since he was already a tenant, at the time I just said, "move into this unit and I'll mail you a lease to sign."  After mailing him two more paper leases and then emailing him about three eDocuments, I still have nothing.  

I locked him out of his unit over a year ago, just so he would finally get me a signed lease.  He has never visited his unit as I still have no signed lease.  Rent keeps getting paid though!

B) 
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For over two years, I have been trying to get someone to sign a new lease for an additional unit.  Since he was already a tenant, at the time I just said, "move into this unit and I'll mail you a lease to sign."  After mailing him two more paper leases and then emailing him about three eDocuments, I still have nothing.  

I locked him out of his unit over a year ago, just so he would finally get me a signed lease.  He has never visited his unit as I still have no signed lease.  Rent keeps getting paid though!

B) 
    I had this issue with a tenant who wouldn't return a lease when we switched over to TSSA leases. Not only did I lock him out, I disabled his web access, and removed him from autopay. I was emailing, calling, texting, you name it. I would be on the phone with him and he'd just say, I'm doing it now, and not do it. After a year, I disabled everything. When he got a past due notice (I may have sent him a 3 day notice of non-renewal too), he got the lease back to us that day.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads