Online Payment

Robyn
Robyn Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified ✭✭✭
A tenant paid online yesterday and she has 2 units. Unfortunately she ended up paying 2 months on ONE unit and not a payment on the the other unit.  How am I able to reassign the payment? 
We do NOT have Sl merchant services. 

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will have to credit the one that didn't get paid and add a new charge for next month for the one that got overpaid.

However, if a Daily Close hasn't been done yet, you could delete the payment and then manually enter it correctly using the authorization code.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on how the payment was made (one large payment or 2 small payments) you could also go to adjustments, ledger adjustments, select the overpaid unit, transfer payment to another unit, select unpaid unit. I think this will only work if the tenant made 2 payments, though.
  • boonysmithluparell
    boonysmithluparell Registered User
    Hello - first time posting here.  I am continually getting the same issue.  So, Sitelink has not DONE anything about it?  Our customers are clicking THEIR link.  It doesn't work.  Well, sometimes it does.  Kinda like employees we end up FIRING because we cannot depend on them.  What in the world?  This is no way to do business.  
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Hello - first time posting here.  I am continually getting the same issue.  So, Sitelink has not DONE anything about it?  Our customers are clicking THEIR link.  It doesn't work.  Well, sometimes it does.  Kinda like employees we end up FIRING because we cannot depend on them.  What in the world?  This is no way to do business.  
    As far as your tenants continually paying on one unit and not both, you should express to them the importance of paying attention while they are submitting their payment. If they keep doing it, maybe one time, don't fix it for them and they will learn from their mistakes or set them up for autopay or a card on file for you to run when they call, etc. I have got to say, in the 4 years I've been with my company, I've only had this happen twice. I'm not sure what your referencing firing employees question is? If the same tenants keep disregarding to click on the corresponding unit numbers, maybe offer to show them how to properly make an online payment. On the other hand, if you are ok with repeatedly correcting tenants errors, then I recommend leaving everything the way you already have it. Good luck! 
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @boonysmithluparell. I apologize for not seeing your question sooner! Thanks, @ESS, for the help in getting this on my radar! 
    Our Web Template payment portal defaults to distributing an online payment to all units - whether past-due or prepaying. We also provide an option to pay toward a single unit when desired. We are open to hearing how the payment portal might be improved to make the options clearer and less prone to misuse. 
    The payment adjustment/correction process could be improved in cases where multiple units are involved. The process was built to shift entire payments off of a single unit and onto another single unit. Redistributing the funds among multiple units is a known shortcoming and is on our list of UX enhancements that we are discussing with our design team. If you'd be willing to offer us some more feedback on this, it will help us to make sure future iterations and enhancements will meet your needs. You can signup to become a feedback partner here. Just mention this post and/or my name (Amy C.) as the answer to the last question. Thank you so much :)

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads