Dismissing Past Refunds

rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
I have three refunds from 2015 under my Reminders that I am trying to dismiss.  When I highlight one and hit "Next" it takes me back to my original screen.  Did not want to hit "Batch Dismiss" because I didn't know where it would take me next.  I do have three other refunds in 2020 that are valid which I want to retain.

How do you dismiss the 2015 refunds?  Thanks.

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MamaDuke7 Is usually my go-to for situations I'm unsure of. She's pretty much a SL pro; hopefully she's able to advise you on this one.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    When you use Batch Dismiss, you can select which refunds to dismiss.  You select the charges (rent, fees, whatever). Then Dismiss Refunds Due.
  • MJV
    MJV Registered User
    edited May 2020
    I came here for exactly the same reason that Mason did and I'm doing what MamaDuke said, but it's still not going through. Any other ideas?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

To Batch Dismiss Refunds:

1.       Select customer(s)

2.       Select all the fields here, just to be sure you get the right one

3.       Click Dismiss Refunds Due

To dismiss individual Refunds (once you have selected the appropriate customer)

1.       Click Dismiss Refund as Unowed

2.       Select all lines with an amount included

3.       Put a reason for the refund/dismissal

4.       Put the method (I just put check and use todays date as the number, easy for accounting that way)

5.       Click OK

• rsl
    rsl Registered User
    Now, is there a way to undue a dismiss refunds due? I thought I was batch refunding two security deposits for the same tenant. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads