Hiring/Training during Pandemic

CindyB
CindyB Registered User
Need to hire resident manager couple for Scottsdale AZ property. Wondering how operators are handling hiring and training managers during this pandemic. I realize that you can interview online, but how are you getting around training an office manager in person? Would appreciate ideas and helpful feedback. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well being a resident position you might luck out and find an experienced couple that wouldn't need as much training as a completely new hire. My wife and I actually got with this company just from phone call conversations and our resumes/experiences since we've been doing storage for awhile now. If you're looking for couples you could also post a free add on workingcouples.com if you have not already. 

As far as typical hires we are in CA and still interviewing and training as normal here. Our bigger issue is that no one it seems "wants" to work. I thought the amount of candidates would pick up as other places shut down and cut hours back but we're getting less applicants and far less who show up for interviews. Then the ones who do show up are mostly not worth the effort.
  • CindyB
    CindyB Registered User
    Yes, thank you for the feedback. Although hiring is always challenging, I'm more concerned and unsure about the training process, while practicing social distancing...in a very small office. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you could just "bite the bullet" and go as normal with just trying to maintain what distance/cleanliness you can in a tight area. If you're not needing them there "on site" you could require them to sit at a computer and do screen sharing/video calls to go over sitelink, how you want processes to be handled etc.. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was also going to suggest a zoom with screen share.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • CindyB
    CindyB Registered User
    Thank you both for the suggestions. I may indeed just have to bite that bullet! (at least for part of the training).

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads