HELP!!!!! Nevada Eviction Moratorium ended, now what??

Options
storallgsa
storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
Our governor issued a moratorium making it illegal for us to charge late fees, lock people out, or evict anyone. On Wednesday, this ended. We cannot (nor would we want to) charge late fees on accounts that are already past due, for the previous months that they got behind. We have to start fresh on July 1st, 2020. I hope that makes sense to y'all.

Sitelink is not making this easy. We can't figure out how to start those people from July 1st as far as the past due events schedule goes. Immediately upon reactivating past due events, the software put every single one of those people in lien, and wanted us to send notices.

Please tell me there's an easy way to deal with this that we simply have not figured out. Thank you.

Comments

• storallgsa
    storallgsa Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd also like to add that Sitelink immediately locked those people out of the gate as well, so I have to go into each account and check the box for "never lock out at gate". This also means I will have to *uncheck* those boxes after we figure all this out.
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as sitelink processing liens/locks outs you just need to go into your past due schedule and disable anything you don't want to process.

We have a site in Vegas and I never heard anything about not being able to lock people out or charge late fee's. Do you have a link? 
  • Dtinfla
    Dtinfla Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    You could just go to each individuals payment screen and click on "edit charges and payments", we have an option of manually charging a late fee, overlock fee or lien fee.  That may be something that has to be set up on your site.  
  • storallgsa
    Options
    Orkocean said:
    As far as sitelink processing liens/locks outs you just need to go into your past due schedule and disable anything you don't want to process.

We have a site in Vegas and I never heard anything about not being able to lock people out or charge late fee's. Do you have a link? 

Yeah...you should have heard about it, because NVSSA has been all over it keeping everyone informed. I highly suggest that you get in touch with your Nevada facility and see how they've handled liens the past few months. https://www.nvssa.org/News-Resources

• storallgsa
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanks y'all for the suggestions.

I am not sure how it's going to work with the people who are 'technically' 30,60,90+ days behind right now.We need their delinquency to "start" on July 2. Disabling events we don't want to have processed doesn't seem to be working. I just went in and had to delete late charges that applied to all of those accounts today, for the dates they would have applied were it not for the moratorium. 

The thing with past due events is that they are scheduled to run at a certain number of days delinquent. All of these people are well over those days, and Sitelink won't (can't) look at them like they are on day two of delinquency (today). 

I may have to go into each account and disable past due events altogether and process them for each account manually on the appropriate dates. I don't know. 

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you had changed the settings prior to the fee's hitting I think you wouldn't of had such  headache. Since they already processed in the system turning it off only keeps any future ones from hitting, not reversing any it applied already. 
  • storallgsa
    Options
    Orkocean said:
    If you had changed the settings prior to the fee's hitting I think you wouldn't of had such  headache. Since they already processed in the system turning it off only keeps any future ones from hitting, not reversing any it applied already. 
    You don't seem to understand what I am saying. 

Obviously, we turned off all past due events when the moratorium was in place. 

We reactivated past due events yesterday, because we need them active now. I need these people's delinquency to start NOW, not three months ago when it actually started.

Sitelink is adding ALL past due events for those customers, on the PAST DATES that they WOULD HAVE APPLIED had they applied during the moratorium. So, a customer who's delinquency started in April, had the events applied for the month of APRIL, like they would have applied at that time. 

Literally, today, Sitelink applied all of the fees and retroacted the dates on them. I deleted all of them prior to the close of day. Sitelink will probably do the same thing tomorrow, and I am trying to find a solution so I don't have to continue doing this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

This is an incredibly **unique** situation, for the times that we are living in. 

• Orkocean
    Options
    Ouch, yeah I misread your explanation. I've seen sitelink bug out and cause problems like that for us before when owners were going back and forth on when they wanted late fee's to hit and we ended up with about 3 late fee's on all accounts past due that we had to clear up for all sites.

Even funner is when 2 workers don't communicate and BOTH run auto pays for a pretty much all autopay facility and have over 700 people with double payments that don't get caught at a daily close. I still use that as an example when training new hires. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Setup, Charges, edit each late fee that you use and set the start date to July 1, 2020. 

I THINK that should keep it from adding the backdated charges.

If you try it and it works, please let me know. We will be facing a similar situation in a few months.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads