Self Storage Software

Options
We are in the process of opening two facilities in a small town in Tennessee. The first one is a Boat/RV facility with about 10 spots, the other is a conversion which we are turning into a climate controlled facility with somewhere around 10 units. The climate controlled facility will not be open for quite sometime at which time we will go with a self storage software, but in the meantime I am trying to come up with the best solution for software for our parking facility.

With only have 10 spaces available I do not want to spend a lot of money just yet on software. Someone suggested using QuickBooks to keep track of everything, has anyone ever used just QB's? I am familiar with storage and SiteLink so I know I can keep up with calls, leases, and documents that I need. I feel I need software to keep track of each individual customers info and QB's may do that I'm just not sure? I wasn't sure if anyone on here knew how QB's could be used for storage or if QB's has the option to keep several customer's info similar to how a storage software works? You guys on this forum are super helpful so I wanted to get your opinion.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should handle just 10 spaces for rent? I appreciate any advice!

Comments

• BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We have a separate facility with around 20 spots for boats, rvs & cars to park in the "off" season. We use software that is similar to QB. I just set up my recurring reminders in my email/calendar. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When we first opened up with one building, we used a spreadsheet.   :)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • jphoagie
    jphoagie Registered User
    Options
    Yes that sounds great! I really appreciate your help!
  • Jeffrey_Buller
    Jeffrey_Buller Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you contacted Sitelink?  They used to have a demo that would work for up to 50 units.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads