Moving payments between tenant with two accounts

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
The primary tenant is American Legion Post 347 with one unit. It also has a second unit - American Legion Post 347, Sons of the AM.  They are not linked.  They send one check every six months for payment of both units totaling $1290; unit A $810 and unit B $480.  Last check was posted incorrectly on 6/18 all on unit B.  Wasn't discovered until unit A got a late notice.
Question 1 - Is there a way to credit unit A from unit B with the correct amount due w/o having Sitelink do it?  Don't have a good track record with their help. 
Question 2 - As this, unfortunately, is not the first time this has happened what's the recommended way to avoid future mishaps.  I was thinking to name each one the same, link the two units, and then put a discriminator some where in the address to show who's who.
Thanks.

Comments

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options

You can transfer a payment between accounts, but you cannot split it up (the whole payment will only go to another single unit)

Go to Adjustments, Ledger Adjustments. Select the tenant the payment went to, then select "Transfer Payment to another unit"

As for question 2, that likely would cause more problems than solve. We have a local museum that has three units paid from three different sources. We had the tenant name the accounts "Museum" and the unit number (so for example "Museum 2810",  "Museum 1230" etc.)

The tenant had each of the payments come in labeled as such (in this case three checks in different amounts, but each had the unit number associated with that payment.) so there wasn't confusion when the payment(s) came in.

This is not to say that there isn't a better way! Just we've had issues with linked accounts and separate payments!

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question 1: No need to have sitelink do it, whoever has access in the system to process credits and such can take care of it rather that's you or someone higher up. If I had a site reach out to me for this type of fix my fix would be to log in, credit the amount needed to unit A and add that amount back to unit B as i'm assuming it paid it quite a bit farther ahead than it should be. Put the proper notes in both accounts stating what the credits were from so if any other higher ups dig in and question the high credits they don't have to dig to find what the source was. 

Question 2: If they pay both accounts with 1 check every 6 months I actually would say to link them. If it was different payment methods for each then i'd keep them seperate. Unless there are some other issues that should require them to stay separate. If keeping them separate use the red note section, put a nice note there telling your staff to "PAY ATTENTION UPON PAYMENT" or however you want to word it :smile:   
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Another successful solution applied.  Thanks a $M.
  • AKKathie
    AKKathie Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree w @Orkocean.  If they need 2 separate accounts then set them up on receiving an Invoice and ask that they cut 2 checks.  Any bookkeeper worth their salt will understand what you need.  Because if they are paying with one check then they must not need two separate accountings and so the units should be linked.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads