Online payments for old tenants

Options
Sarah
Sarah Registered User ✭✭
Help again please - we have just converted over to handling online reservations, move ins and payments - we have run into an issue with old tenants (who have been with me for years) not being able to do online payments as it says they need to sign their lease (I have the one they signed in person & on paper).
Also if they reserve online but come to the office to complete the move in and they sign a paper copy of the lease, they cant set up online payments as it again says they need to sign the lease!
Is there a work around for this or do I have to make them resign and would that not change the lease date etc?

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't do online rentals or esign, but for the date portion of your question (if it does change it): You can always go back into their ledger settings and adjust it if the system changes it. Just be sure to reference their paper lease for lease # and date.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks - i still need it to let them make an online payment - I  may just have to break and call the SL help
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Go to the eSign console- Out for Tenant Signature.  If they are listed with a lease that needs to be signed, VOID it. That should take care of it.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    If for whatever reason the eDocument will not work for someone to electronically sign, I sign the eDocument for the customer using the letter "x".  Then I print out the lease and have them sign the old fashioned way - right next to the little "x"
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Go to the eSign console- Out for Tenant Signature.  If they are listed with a lease that needs to be signed, VOID it. That should take care of it.
    The lease is not showing out for signature. 
    For example I have a personal unit (use it to play with this kind of stuff) I tried to sign up for online payments - said I needed to sign my lease - but its not listed as out for signature! 
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    If for whatever reason the eDocument will not work for someone to electronically sign, I sign the eDocument for the customer using the letter "x".  Then I print out the lease and have them sign the old fashioned way - right next to the little "x"
    but does that not change their sign date - this client has been with me for 4 years, signed a paper copy wen he moved in (as we did not do the esign then) and now it will not let him sign up for online payments because he has not signed a lease & it does not show as out for signature 
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to Company Forms and click your lease agreement and the tenant, click e-sign... It should tell you if there in no electronic document and ask if you want to create one.  I would try that and just type "Signed paper copy" in the tenant signature field.  
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sarah said:
    but does that not change their sign date - this client has been with me for 4 years, signed a paper copy wen he moved in (as we did not do the esign then) and now it will not let him sign up for online payments because he has not signed a lease & it does not show as out for signature 
    Yes, the date would reflect when you put the "x" there.  Is that a problem?  You already have the original paper copy with the original move-in date.  You can always print out the electronic one and have them re-date it and initial.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder, in payments, ledger settings, do those tenants have a lease date and lease number? If not (somehow), I think you can add that info directly.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    i43storage - this only works if they are new and just moving in - if they have been long term tenants then i havent found a way to allow them to do online payments.

themage - yes they have a lease date and number

AnitaJohnson1269 - this changes the lease date - and it will not let me go back past last year to sign it! So that would change the date of the lease 
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    Options
    In the ledger settings where it shows the lease number and date, they both have a drop down where you can change the date and lease number.  Maybe see if it will let you assign both without an e-doc.  
  • i43storage
    Options
    @Sarah You could create a new eDocument Lease for them.  Yes, the date will be new.  Shouldn't be a problem should it?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    @Sarah You could create a new eDocument Lease for them.  Yes, the date will be new.  Shouldn't be a problem should it?
     I cant create a new elease for them - it just prints out the old one with no signatures! 

AnitaJohnson1269 said:
    In the ledger settings where it shows the lease number and date, they both have a drop down where you can change the date and lease number.  Maybe see if it will let you assign both without an e-doc.  
    I need some how for the system to recognize that they have signed the agreement so they can then sign up for online payments.  

• AnitaJohnson1269
    Options
    When I go into forms and click our lease and then click for esign I get a pop up that asks if I want to open existing document or create a new one.  Create a new one, sign it "signed paper" for the tenant.  If the lease date changes you can update it in ledger setting. 
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using the Sitelink Template for online payments? 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads