Recommendations for Entrance/Exit Security Companies

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
We recently (8/8) experienced several lightning strikes which destroyed the circuit boards which control access to our gates/facility.  PTI Security Systems is our current company providing support for these systems.  It is now 8/11 and we still have no onsite nor telephone support from PTI, although they are holding several of our trouble tickets.  We are located in Lady Lake, FL.  Who do you use to provide this type of support and would you recommend them?

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We started having trouble with PTI support some years ago when they changed their tech support system. Fortunately for us, our local fence and gate company had very good electricians who could handle all the installation and wiring isssues, and we have a capable IT guy who can handle all of the issues on the computer side.

When lightning damaged our Digigate system and we couldn't get useful support from PTI, we ended up replacing it with another product. 

PTI products seem really good, and are kind of the industry bench mark, but getting good tech support from them is like pulling teeth, it seems. Of course, for us that was years ago, and right now it may be because of the covid stuff going on.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're interested in going over to the other forum, there is a rep for the company and he helps quite a few of us with PTI issues.
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have replaced 4 CIM boards (Sentinel Systems) since the end of May.  I always keep a spare on hand.  Obvious I have a grounding issue or something.  In the last 15 years we have only had to replace the CIM board every couple of years if that often.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JulieAton
    4 CIMs in a few months is really worrisome. Definitely time to have the grounding system looked at, and ensure all of that equipment is running on a good surge suppressor  and / or uninterruptible power supply.

Our setup is only using the RS-485 module and so far it has been pretty trouble free. I need to take my own advice, though and get it all on a UPS.
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    It is through a UPS/backup.  This is the 440 module.  We haven't had much trouble with the 485.  Electrician coming Sunday at 10AM.  Not thrilled about coming to the office Sunday morning but will take what I can get! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads