Online Payment issues - session expires

Options
We have accepted online payments for years through our website and the pay side of our website is with the web template through SiteLink - if I am saying that correctly.  It is not rare for renters to tell me that they have issues with the website and typically the issue has been they get a message telling them that their session has expired.  I would say the issue has usually been with new renters or first time users of the website.  I typically ask them what web browser they are using and typically the issue is with them using safari through an iPhone and I ask them to try a different browser and that fixes the issue.

Recently I have had long time renters that have made payments through the website successfully for months tell me that they are having the same issue now - their session expires when they click on their amount due.

Has anyone had this issue and know how to avoid it?  Thanks.

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There have been ongoing sporadic issues with payments using Safari for probably about a year now.  I just tell them to use a different web browser because SL doesn't seem to have a timeline to get it fixed for good.
  • aceypoo1
    aceypoo1 Registered User
    Options
    This issue has been an absolute nightmare for us.  We began our on-line rentals at the beginning of COVID and strongly encouraged people to rent and/or pay on-line many time with the same error result.  Most recently on Sept 1, 2020 our website through StorEdge was completely down.  I think it is unrealistic to ask tenants to change browsers.  Many have no idea what you are talking about.  We are paying for a service that we are not receiving!!
  • PerryStorage
    PerryStorage Registered User
    Options
    Now I am told that it is an issue with the cookies settings of the tenant's browsers and that they need to enable cookies.  I believe it has been a known issue by SiteLink for some time and has recently become much worse.  I can not tell you how frustrated I have been with this - making it easy for our costumers to pay their bill is why we have online payment options and now I have tenants trying multiple times to pay their bill only to be kicked out of the website constantly.  That doesn't make tenants happy.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The cookies issue has been reported to Sitelink before, and it is an issue we see with any browser. It randomly comes and goes. We have been seeing it a lot more lately. 

We used to have a workaround, but I just tested it and it no longer works, either. 

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have run into these same problems.  Very frustrating trying to explain why it won't work for the customer when I am not 100% sure why it isn't working myself.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads