driver's license reader

Options
Mary_Fischer
Mary_Fischer Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
We've been using a magtek - swipe the d/l and it loads the info into Sitelink.  But FL licenses no longer have the magnetic strip. - It's more like a bar code.  Any suggestions for a piece of equipment that will read that & input the data? And still read the credit card? 
Thanks,
Mary

Comments

• JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't even use the DL reader option.  Almost everyone we deal with is moving so the information isn't always correct!
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Julie, we don't use the reader.  We manually input everything.  Or they do it themselves when they rent online or through the kiosk.
  • Gaulavana
    Gaulavana Registered User
    edited September 2021
    Options
    By the way, I recently worked part-time at the border of the bridge, and I had to check my driver's license and passport. You will not believe it. It turns out that now such documents are forged so that more than one check will not find out about it. I was shocked when I found out that the person who gave me his driver's license turns out to have never done them in an official school. And I heard about it only after the second check, which was arranged for him. My God, I'm afraid to work at such jobs now because it's a responsibility, and you can be fined for such a misdemeanor. It's good that I was lucky and everything went smoothly.

• ClemenceGinger
    ClemenceGinger Registered User
    edited January 11
    Options
    Mary, I feel your struggle with the FL licenses – they sure keep us on our toes, don't they? So, here's my two cents – I recently ran into a similar issue and ended up giving Prime ID Scanner a shot. It's been a game-changer for me, especially with the whole switch from magnetic strip to barcode on licenses. It not only handles that transition like a champ but also plays nice with credit cards. But hey, don't take my word for it – check out this link https://www.idanalyzer.com. It might just be the solution you're looking for, Mary! Saved me a bunch of headaches.
  • ChrisRobinson
    ChrisRobinson Registered User
    Options
    We manually input everything except credit cards when dealing with people in person. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads