CERTIFIED LETTERS AND AUCTIONS

Options
So I have been sending out certified letters they have been coming back signed on the back covid .
I thought it was the customer signing that . When I went to the post master to inquire. They said
their police is to just drop off letters now. They wont go to the doors due to the covid. So my ? is are these letters still going to be legal to use for an auction.
or do we need to hold off all auctions until certi letters can be confirmed that the customer has received them

Comments

• LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I went to storage treasures I see auctions are still going on. Maybe another form of mail delivery
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes.  You are required to prove that you mailed them.  You are never required to prove that they received them.  No different than when the customer refuses the letter or never picks it up.  Your responsibility is complete and the process moves on.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would say it would be considered "delivered." 

Here is what the USPS has published regarding mail delivery that requires a signature:

We recognize the close proximity and additional handling that occurs when employees must ask customers for a signature and government issued identification when required. To reduce health risks, we are temporarily modifying customer signature capture procedures. Effective immediately and until further notice, our employees will follow the temporary process below for signature service items. This process applies to all letter carriers:

•  Avoid ringing the doorbell when possible. Knock on the customer’s door. Avoid areas that may be frequently touched when knocking.
    • While maintaining a safe, appropriate distance, employees will request the customer’s first initial and last name.
    • For increased safety, employees will ask the customer to step back a safe distance or close the screen door/door so that they may leave the item in the mail receptacle or appropriate location by the customer door.
    • If there is no response, employees will follow the normal Notice Left process.
    • If there are delivery points on the route where social distancing recommendations are difficult to follow, alternative delivery methods can be explored. (Industry Alert – 3/20/20 https://faq.usps.com/s/article/USPS-Coronavirus-Updates-for-Residential-Customers#mailing_shipping)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads