Rent Increases

Options
What do you do at your facility for rate increases?  Do you find that a flat amount or a % work better?  Also how often do you implement them?  I have several units that are well below street rates due to being tenants forever and would like to get them up some.
Tagged:

Comments

• GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Every company is different of course, but we usually do every 5 months about 5-7%.   We are pretty aggressive on rate increases and expect 10-15% to move out because of them.  
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We have several units which are well, well below street rates and it seems every one has its own story and personality.  We handle those on a case-by-case basis.  For the rest we look at all units every six months and adjust accordingly to make sure we remain competitive with all surrounding storage facilities.  Like GS103 said - "everyone is a little bit different". 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We raise rent by $5 regardless of size every 14-16 months.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do 8% annually.  Though I have turned them off since March, sadly. I don't think this is the time to raise rents, at least in my area.
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We raise our rent by $2-$3 every 2 years. We have always been at least 95% full and appreciate our long term renters. To my knowledge, no one has ever left over the raises. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We raise our rent by $2-$3 every 2 years. We have always been at least 95% full and appreciate our long term renters. To my knowledge, no one has ever left over the raises. 
    They would be silly to leave over that.  My absolute minimum is $5/year!
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our rent raises are annual, and usually around $5. We call around and see what everyone else is charging in the area, and then try to set our prices accordingly. This year though, because of newly opened facilities and local hardships, we chose not to raise rents.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads