How do I create a custom unit attribute that will show on the website?

Options
Under modify units in company setup, I see where you can edit the unit attributes by selecting the different ones in the list as used at the site.  There are custom attributes listed but I can't find where you actually create these custom attributes.  I would like to create them to show a current discount offering (2nd month free) on the website for certain sizes. Is there a better way to do this?

Answers

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I asked that of Tech Support a while back and even they couldn't tell me how to use it.
  • sdooley56
    sdooley56 Registered User
    Options
    The software help is practically useless.  Have rarely found an answer there for anything other than the most basic functions.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You could type the information "2nd month FREE" in the unit description under modify units.  You will need to click all the boxes of each unit you want to put it on and edit the units. You may have to do them per size.  I did our parking that way as the unit size in SiteLink is 0x30; I added 12x30 in the description and it shows on our website.  
  • sdooley56
    Options
    AnitaJohnson1269 I tried adding it to the description box but when I go to the website it only shows the unit type (drive up, climate, etc) under the description.  Am I missing something?
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you have a lot of attributes per size?  It will only show up to 4 on my website.  I do know when I make changes I have to refresh SiteLink and then it still takes about 5-10 minutes to update on our website. 
  • sdooley56
    Options
    We don't have any attributes on them because the type used in the setup describes them (climate, drive up, etc).  The type is what shows up on the website.  The contents of the description box do not.  I will try to call Sitelink.  Thanks for trying to help!
  • sdooley56
    Options
    So I just spent 36 minutes on the phone with Sitelink to find out that we can not use any unit attributes, add a description of the unit or a discount plan with our website because it is a web template, not an API which means created from scratch by a website developer.  Doesn't really make sense to me since the reserve/move in page listing the units and prices comes from Sitelink.  The bottom line is we would have to do a whole new website to use the discount plan online.  Not a very satisfactory conclusion.
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    So we use set up, than discount plans, put in your discount and on right side you can select the type of unit you want the discount to be on and bottom left under Discount Availability you select where you want the special to show up like website, sparefoot etc.  You can also go under set up, than unit and tenants, than click on unit types, on right side click add and you'll see your unit types such as climate control ect.. what ever you put in here shows up under the unit type which shows up on our website.
  • AreaStorageSalem
    AreaStorageSalem Registered User
    Options
    Yes, you have to be using the SiteLink API website, we use StorEdge. To add a new custom unit attribute log into your website as an admin, go to Rental Center 2.0, Unit Amenities & Features, scroll to your custom unit attributes. Then you can turn them on and add a little description.
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    It totally depends on who your website provider is. I'm with storagepug and they won't display the custom attributes and have no plans to add them.
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    sdooley56 said:
    So I just spent 36 minutes on the phone with Sitelink to find out that we can not use any unit attributes, add a description of the unit or a discount plan with our website because it is a web template, not an API which means created from scratch by a website developer.  Doesn't really make sense to me since the reserve/move in page listing the units and prices comes from Sitelink.  The bottom line is we would have to do a whole new website to use the discount plan online.  Not a very satisfactory conclusion.
    Even with a custom website you need to be careful. I'm with storagepug and they don't show discounts on the website and have no plans. I've been requesting it for over a year.
  • SSS
    SSS Registered User
    Options
    You can add specific attributes to display on website by:
    1. Setup
    2. Program Defaults
    3. Attributes on Website
    4. Custom Unit Attribute and make sure Used is checked. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads