"Unwanted" Online Rental

Options
How do you deal with Online Rentals that you won't rent to.  Previous bad tenants, criminals, bad credit etc?  In 6 months I have only had one and I managed to creatively get out of it- she was wanting to store items that didn't belong to her.  They belonged to her father who was on the front page of the newspaper for drug dealing.  I was able to log in to my Virtual Terminal (Sage Processing) and void her payment.  The online rental tonight is a similar scenario. Rented two 10x15 spaces. Unfortunately I am at home and don't have my log in info for the Virtual Terminal.  I don't think there is anyway in Sitelink to reverse or credit their card payment.

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the payment has not had a daily closed performed yet that its part of you can go in to adjustments, pull up that account and delete the payment which will give you the torsion of refunding it back to their credit card. If a daily close its a part of has been done then you need your sage login
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Adjustments- Void. But I can't issue refund on card because I don't have the card number. 
  • JulieAton
    Options
    Was able to issue a credit on their card through Sage Virtual Terminal.  Next step would you process a move out or delete the account in adjustments? 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JulieAton said:
    Was able to issue a credit on their card through Sage Virtual Terminal.  Next step would you process a move out or delete the account in adjustments? 
    I would just delete the account.  
  • JulieAton
    Options
    Thanks Mama! That is what I did.  Then it showed up as reserved in Lead 2 Lease. 
  • JulieAton
    Options
    Guess what?  The gate codes were not deleted from my system.  My guess is when deleting an account it doesn't delete the gate codes.  I actually need to research the option of withholding gate codes for online rentals because I am pretty sure I have it set up that way.  HMMMMMMMM
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh no.  That's a problem.  Thankfully deleting accounts is a rare occurrence! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads