someone living in unit

Options
LADYLIFT1
LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
Since all contracts are month to month. If you find a new customer living in unit, not locking unit. Do you send them a certified letter to vacate or just not take payment for following month.

Comments

• Starkey
    Starkey Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    I have found that overlocking the space (while they aren't there of course) and restricting their gate access to business hours only helps a ton. When they find that lock on that space they come into the office and they ask why, that is when I explain to them the terms of the lease, verbal warning first, and if I find them again living in the space I will start the eviction process. 
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for response
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Starkey.  And if that doesn't take care of it, then you send a letter that you aren't renewing the contract next month, so they have to vacate.
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully if won't go far enough that you have to get the law involved!
  • MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    check the wording in your lease, Most will say for "dead storage only" if someone is living in a unit they are in violation of the lease from there you need to know your states laws to get them out. Most of the time if you directly tell them they can not stay in the unit  & have to be off the property by a set time they know you know they are there and will leave on their own.   
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even if it is not spelled out in your lease, it might very well be against the law in your community to live in a storage unit.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads