Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SiteLink Support & Sales

Welcome to StorageForum!
If you're new take a look at the StorageForum Terms of Use and don't forget to check out Daily Dilbert!

On-line Payment difficulties

Is anyone else having constant problems with tenants being able to make payments on-line?  Every month we have at least 15 people who call in saying they are unable to complete payments due to a variety of reasons from timed out to change your password.  I have communicated with Sitelink numerous times and they give me this long explanation to give the customer to use Google Chrome, clear all cookies, etc.  I feel this is an unreasonable thing to ask of my clients, many of whom are not technically inclined.  We use Sitelink Merchant Services and StorEdge designed our website.  Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!  I'm so frustrated!!

Comments

• themagethemage ORRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    As near as I can recall, there are several of us experiencing this. From my research, there seems to be 2 different problems, and it doesn't matter what browser the tenant is using, or whether they have cleared the cache.

The first problem is the way the payment page is buried in a "frame". If StorEdge could redesign that part of it to operate more directly, it would eliminate a lot of the problem. This one causes "too many redirects" "use another browser" and "clear the cache" type errors. 

The other issue seems to be on the payment server side of things, and happens less often. I think that one usually shows the password or timed out error. 

For the moment, there is very little we can do about it, except to take payment over the phne when the website doesn't work.
  • ShedStuffShedStuff NARegistered User ✭✭✭
    I would strongly encourage all to sign up for Ask An Expert on Tues as I use that forum to help me navigate thru SiteLink...Jim is very knowledgeable! 
  • GoGreenGoGreen CORegistered User ✭✭
    We also have recently had this problem show up. It only started happening after we were required to change our credit card processor, so now SiteLink/etc. runs all of that. It is frustrating for our tenants. Hopefully they see this thread and work on getting the online payments fixed!
  • ESSESS TXRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    GoGreen said:
    We also have recently had this problem show up. It only started happening after we were required to change our credit card processor, so now SiteLink/etc. runs all of that. It is frustrating for our tenants. Hopefully they see this thread and work on getting the online payments fixed!
    If you really want them to see it, post it in the other Self Storage Forum. They only seem to communicate there....it's pretty rogue here.
    Angela Reyes
    www.rentess.com
  • zacteamzacteam GARegistered User
    Out tenants are also having this problem when they want to make a payment online.  I have been talking with the techs for almost two months.  They tell me it's resolved and when I say it's not, they continue to point fingers at our tenants and what browser they're using.  Very frustrating.  I see from ESS that this message needs to be posted to Self Storage Forum for the techs to see it.  All I know is that we didn't have a problem and now we do.