New lease after price increase

Options
Betty
Betty Registered User
I am trying to figure out how to make the system automatically create a new lease for customers with a rate change.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I plan on emailing the leases and can't figure out how to make it generate a new lease with esign.  Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the only way is to manually send them out, I have full access to our corporate software and can not see how to generate new leases with rental increases automatically.  I do know a lot of storage facilities do not put the rental rate on the monthly agreement for that specific reason. The new place I'm at now, they actually want the price on the rental agreement but we had to add provisions to our rental agreement stating we have the right to change rules, regulations, rent increases etc. with a 30 day prior to effective date of changes written notice to the last known address on file provided by the tenant.  Of course on our agreement its more written in legal terms than the quick version above.  In my opinion, having the tenant resign a new lease every 6-12 month rental increase cycle (how ever often you do increases) is a little too much, after all its storage not a living dwelling.  I personally have a storage unit, if I had to resign the lease every time they did a rate increase, it would just remind me of how long I've had storage and would probably consider junking, selling, donating my belongings to get out of the unit. Good luck, if you find the answer, I would be very interested in knowing how to accomplish this as like I said above, the owners here want the monthly rate on the lease so perhaps if you find a way to make this work, they may be interested as well. :)
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm with GM.  Why would you want to do that?   What will you do  with the tenants that don't or won't sign a new lease?  
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    All you need is a rate increase letter stating the new rate and that it takes effect at least 30 days after the mailing date.  No need for a new contract.  It's month-to-month, so if they pay for a new month, it renews at the new rate.  If they don't agree to the new terms, they have about 30 days to vacate.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But if you really want a new one, then you would make a new form with your lease and in the place for the rate, you would use <Tenant.ScheduledMonthlyRateIncrease> or <Tenant.ScheduledMonthlyTotalChargesWithTax>.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should have something in your lease with language for rate increases (..30 days notice etc.)  We just send a rate increase letter at least 30 days prior to their next billing cycle.

• Betty
    Betty Registered User
    Options
    Thanks everyone.  Our leases are yearly leases and most are at least 6 years old so I thought it would be a good idea to have them resigned.  I have been having to manually change the date and rate for each lease.  I have completed one of my 3 lots and since everyone thinks its not necessary I won't be doing anymore.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads