Can I add charges to multiple units instead of opening each one individually?

Options
I need to add charges to about 100 accounts every month for electricity. They cannot be automatic and the amounts vary. I would love to quickly enter each one. Right now, I go to payments, sort by unit, then select and open the unit/tenant, then click edit charges, then select electricity, then replace $0.00 with whatever charge I'm adding, then click "Add New Charge", then "Yes" to add it, then I hit "Ok at the bottom and hit Ok again somewhere else, then it asks if I want to complete the transaction, I click yes, then there is a pause, then it asks if I want to take another payment and I click yes. That is a LOT of repetitive clicking and time wasted! And every time I have to exit the "Payments" section to take a call or enter a new inquiry, etc., I have to start all over going to payments, arranging by unit number, etc.

Answers

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just doing the same thing today. Because the amount of the fee varies, I can't think of another way to do it.

As for dealing with the interruption of taking calls, etc., If you have a second computer handy (I know it isn't always an option) you can be logged in to both computers and keep the electric project on one while the other is ready for other things.
  • MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried to set up different recurring fees for the accounts? 
    Fee1-$10.00 Fee 2- $35.00 then add them to the accounts . 
  • MrFugate
    MrFugate Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Depending on your states storage laws you could change ALL of the fees to match through out the property.
    In Texas all we need to do is sent a notice 30 days in advance to the last address on file or the Email on file.
    Then set the new fees up so everyone current & going forward has the same charges.
  • AnnaK
    AnnaK Registered User
    Options
    None of the charges are the same, between customers or month to month. They're actually electric meter reading charges.
  • Silverbell
    Silverbell Registered User
    Options
    I add them each as a recurring charge for each unit, as they are different,(when they move in)then they auto charge that amount with the rent and that way the CPA knows what the recurring charges are for. it will just be one time set up fee and you can place the "electric" charge in. :) 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads