Autopay Frustration!

Options
PSC
PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
Not even mentioning Sitelink FORCING us to use their merchant services, Sitelink's new update made sure to take away the ability to view credit card numbers. If you need to change the expiration date for a card, you can no longer do that without entering the entire card number again. We are no longer able to edit autopay information from the payment screen anymore. You must go to the "Tenant" screen. These minor details add extra unnecessary steps for our managers. 

The most frustrating one that I have yet to understand is adding autopay to a tenant's second unit. Example-Rent to a new customer and a few days later they decide they want to add an additional space. He asked me to put that one on autopay as well. I assured him I would as I've always been able to do that in the past. 
When I got back to my desk to take care of that, I see that Sitelink has taken that ability away too. I thought on the 1st of the month I would go in to charge the new unit using the card on file (on the other unit), and then it would prompt me to add to autopay. NOPE! Now I have to call the customer letting him know I charged his card, but I am unable to add him to autopay until he gives me the card information again. Makes absolute no sense. 

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Under setup, program defaults, payments, miscellaneous section, do you have the check box for "If the tenant has a credit card number on file, show it when taking a credit card payment"?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    themage said:
    Under setup, program defaults, payments, miscellaneous section, do you have the check box for "If the tenant has a credit card number on file, show it when taking a credit card payment"?
    Unfortunatley, using Sitelink Payments, they block the ability to see the whole card number no matter how it's set up.  And when you try to just update the expiration date, it deletes the whole number and it must be completely reentered.  It's really a headache.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello. I wanted to provide some context and clarification. But first, I want to apologize for all this frustration. We are listening to your concerns and working towards better solutions.
    Storable Payments temporarily needed to limit the ability to edit card info from the Ledger Settings screen but intends to restore it when we are able. Viewing a full credit card number was possible when the card data was encrypted and stored directly in the site data. Now those numbers are tokenized and we no longer use the full number inside the software (for everyone's security benefit.)
    We are on track to release functionality that will allow you to edit the expiration date on a card on file without retyping the entire card number in SLWE by March 2021.
    Adding additional units to auto-bill does currently require extra steps due to the software now using tokens instead of the original card data.  We know this is a pain point for operators and are designing an improvement to the multi-unit credit card screen to simplify that process.
  • PSC
    PSC Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello. I wanted to provide some context and clarification. But first, I want to apologize for all this frustration. We are listening to your concerns and working towards better solutions.
    Storable Payments temporarily needed to limit the ability to edit card info from the Ledger Settings screen but intends to restore it when we are able. Viewing a full credit card number was possible when the card data was encrypted and stored directly in the site data. Now those numbers are tokenized and we no longer use the full number inside the software (for everyone's security benefit.)
    We are on track to release functionality that will allow you to edit the expiration date on a card on file without retyping the entire card number in SLWE by March 2021.
    Adding additional units to auto-bill does currently require extra steps due to the software now using tokens instead of the original card data.  We know this is a pain point for operators and are designing an improvement to the multi-unit credit card screen to simplify that process.
    I am most concerned about being able to charge a card on file for a tenant who has multiple units, but unable to add their card to autopay. That doesn't sound very secure. I can go in and manually charge the tenants card every month but if I want to put him on autopay he has to give me the card information again. 
  • LABANDMS
    LABANDMS Registered User
    Options
    it's March 2021 .... any word on that change?
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    LABANDMS said:
    it's March 2021 .... any word on that change?
    Yes, it's out! :)
    https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/3142/storable-payments-2021-release-notes
  • prowlett
    prowlett Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭
    Options
    PSC said:
    Not even mentioning Sitelink FORCING us to use their merchant services, Sitelink's new update made sure to take away the ability to view credit card numbers. If you need to change the expiration date for a card, you can no longer do that without entering the entire card number again. We are no longer able to edit autopay information from the payment screen anymore. You must go to the "Tenant" screen. These minor details add extra unnecessary steps for our managers. 

The most frustrating one that I have yet to understand is adding autopay to a tenant's second unit. Example-Rent to a new customer and a few days later they decide they want to add an additional space. He asked me to put that one on autopay as well. I assured him I would as I've always been able to do that in the past. 
    When I got back to my desk to take care of that, I see that Sitelink has taken that ability away too. I thought on the 1st of the month I would go in to charge the new unit using the card on file (on the other unit), and then it would prompt me to add to autopay. NOPE! Now I have to call the customer letting him know I charged his card, but I am unable to add him to autopay until he gives me the card information again. Makes absolute no sense. 
    I don’t know if being forced to use SiteLink Merchant Services is the right word. I have looked into so many different merchant services providers and I can’t find one cheaper. If I do, I have add a lot more work to my managers and controller along with additional fees that make the low rate null and void.

also, I removed my managers ability to see the card. We have to do PCI compliance training each year. One of the biggies is making sure the full card number isn’t available to be viewed. 
  • ustorall
    ustorall Registered User
    Options
    But full routing and account number is very visible when using ACH. Not sure if the PCI Compliance requirements carry over to ACH?
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I did the Storable Payment update yesterday and now I understand the good and the bad of it.  Not being able to see the full card makes adding units more difficult, but I do like the added security. I have been fussing around with Autopay and see some issues there too.  Looks like I will be spending some quality time on my computer 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ustorall
    ACH is like a paperless check. The account and routing number is always visible and relies on the bank to verify the validity of the transaction. PCI is Payment Card Industry, so ACH doesn't fall under that category.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads