How do I return a unit back to its original form?

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭

Currently have an occupied 20x10 unit made up of combining two 10x10 units and renting it at a 20x10 price.  Tenant now only needs one of the 10x10s.  How do I 1) split the unit back into two 10x10s; 2) renumber the “new “second 10x10; and 3) move the available rent back to the 10x10 the tenant will be occupying?  Thanks.

Best Answers

• GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Well, if I didnt have any unrented 10x20s, I would make the current tenant move so I would have one of that size to rent.    It will be a hassle putting the wall back up.   
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would 1st modify the current unit, changing the size and rate. Change the unit number if necessary to the unit # they will be staying in.  This will keep the tenant in the paid for unit.   In set up you can add the new "new" unit.  In tenant ledger input the new rate and start date for the new rate. I think that should do it.  All $'s will stay with the tenant's account.   

@rmason, did this work well for you?

Answers

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would 1st modify the current unit, changing the size and rate. Change the unit number if necessary to the unit # they will be staying in.  This will keep the tenant in the paid for unit.   In set up you can add the new "new" unit.  In tenant ledger input the new rate and start date for the new rate. I think that should do it.  All $'s will stay with the tenant's account.   
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was thinking along those same steps but wasn't sure what order to process them.  I'll give it a go!  Thanks.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads