Facility access to auction winners

rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
What process do you use to allow auction winners into your facility so they can empty the unit they won?  We allow the winner three days, during business hours, to empty the unit. 

Comments

• GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    We use to end our auctions on Friday, giving the winning bidder the weekend to empty unit (as most ppl work during the week, and we had a lot of out-of-state buyers) they were only allowed on property during business hours, never gave them a gate code.  This was a little difficult for the facilities that are not open on Sunday.  
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    We give them a gate code that expires in 72 hours.   I usually use the unit number twice, and for the name "Auction Winner"
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    GSI03 said:
    We give them a gate code that expires in 72 hours.   I usually use the unit number twice, and for the name "Auction Winner"
    This!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    GSI03 said:
    I give them a cate code too.  Our auctions are on Saturday, so I tell them it expires on Monday.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • RS4u
    RS4u Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
    We also allow 3 days for pick up during business hours. If Sunday is one of those days, we will offer to extend an extra day. We let the customer in after taking the "security" deposit. They also see at this point, they are on camera the whole time. No code = full control of transaction. Never have had a problem since implementing. Tried to be more accommodating at the start but got burned.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally we give 24 hours to clear out a unit, but will work with the buyers depending on the unit size.

We are in a small town, so the usual buyers are pretty well known to us; we are more flexible with them.

Larger units (10x10 / 10x15 and up) are in high demand and we have clients waiting for the unit.

• GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    We do deposits for all auctioned units. The deposit receipt number is the gate code, set to Auction Access. Our access is 24 hours for the duration of the weekend after the auction. If units are emptied by Sunday evening, the buyers come back to get their deposits on Monday. However, if a buyer needs more time, depending we will either extend those hours, or we have them rent the unit until its cleared. 
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    I usually change the delinquent tenants gate code to the last four digits of the auction winner's phone number.  Once the unit is empty, Move-out the old tenant and rent to a new one :)
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    helenatim said:
    I usually change the delinquent tenants gate code to the last four digits of the auction winner's phone number.  Once the unit is empty, Move-out the old tenant and rent to a new one :)
    That is a nice idea.  However, I am SO eager to get the delinquent off of the system and get their security deposit that I am ALL too eager to move them out!  B)

Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads