How hard can it be to keep Sitelink on top of the windows stack?

Options
How hard can it be to have Sitelink programmers make it so the program stays on the top screen and doesn't dive behind any and all open windows.  I have pleaded with the folks in support to have this corrected.  My pleas fall on deaf ears.  For the love of Pete, we are time strapped people in the storage industry.  When we transact business with our customers, why should we have to dig the program back out for every transaction that takes place?  And as we all know, there are many transactions that take place just to satisfy singular tasks.  So multiple digging per task is required.  It is maddening sometimes.  It's like pre-programming yourself to correct spelling mistakes you are going to make but haven't yet and planning on hitting the back button.  Please stop making my hair grey.  Support told me to close my other windows.   :|   Uggh.  What can be done?  Thanks for the vent.  

Comments

• jotyken57
    jotyken57 Registered User
    Options
    I wonder how many SiteLink support members have actually worked in self storage w/the software to understand the issues...it does have a lot of good features but some of the not so good ones we all question make me scratch my head too.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not to be "that guy", but how many windows do you have open? I have the opposite issue, where Sitelink insists on stealing focus right when I need to be in another window.

If Sitelink stayed on top all the time, how would you access the other windows? For instance, my gate control software has the option to "stay on top", and someone invariably clicks it. Then they keep asking me why they cant see the other windows.

One possible solution, at least for windows 10, is to have Sitelink pinned in the taskbar. Then you can use windows key+1 to jump to it if it is pinned in the first slot, win+2 for the second slot, etc. As long as it is pinned and you don't re-arrange it, it will stay in that slot, running or not.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    themage said:
    I have the opposite issue, where Sitelink insists on stealing focus right when I need to be in another window.
    Yes, this!
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    themage said:
    I have the opposite issue, where Sitelink insists on stealing focus right when I need to be in another window.
    Yes, this!
    I Second... This!!
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    themage said:
    Yes, this!

YES-- and my problem with multiple facilities using SL it will pop up  randomly and all of a sudden I am working in the wrong facility.  I have suggested color coding different facilities. 

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JulieAton said:
    MamaDuke7 said:
    themage said:
    Yes, this!

YES-- and my problem with multiple facilities using SL it will pop up  randomly and all of a sudden I am working in the wrong facility.  I have suggested color coding different facilities. 

Go to the Utilities screen.  Shift-Contol-Q.  Click on Form Backcolor and choose your color.  The only thing is that you have to do it every time you close and reopen Sitelink.  However, if I were still operating multiple facilities, I'd do it every day to keep it easier to tell the difference!
  • prowlett
    prowlett Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭
    Options
    Oh my gosh! This question is perfect and definitely needed to be said! So many issues 
  • umopapisdn
    umopapisdn Registered User
    Options
    This frustrates me all the time. It's one thing if I'm actually cycling through other windows, but when it does it automatically, it's like ...why. Also, I'm a keyboard operator... if there's a key for it, I'll just keyboard my way through a program without reaching for the mouse.. Tab is an underrated key that SiteLink could really include in its processes... I'm pretty sure if I could use tab to jump from the search entry under payments to the list of tenants, I could operate the entire softward with just a keyboard.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm grateful I have a duel screen pc, however, I do have SL pinned to my task bar so if it get covered by something, which rarely happens here, I just click the icon and it's back. I don't have issues with other programs trying to "hog the screen" though. SL usually is the dominate program that jumps in front of my other programs. 
  • Bradley
    Bradley Registered User
    Options
    I have always had it pinned to the bottom.  And each time the transaction ok button is pressed, I have to go down to the bottom and dig the window out.  It is cumbersome and unnecessary in 2021that when using a program it disappears while using it.  If the program didn't have so many darned affirmation popups, this wouldn't happen.  I have as many windows open as needed to control my facility, create ads, write letters, crunch my spreadsheets, and the myriad of items I need in any day.  The only program that hides itself in the middle of operating it is Sitelink.  The GUI is old and dated.  Time for a major overhaul of this tired platform.  We all spend really good money on something that has the feel of 1995.  Either they get with the program (lol), or I'm out of here.  Many terrific programs out there now.  Might be time to jump. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads