Lien Notices via email in CA

Options
GlenMark
GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
I know in the State of California, certified lien notices can be sent to tenants via email. I do believe one has to go through a third party verification system though? Does SiteLink offer anything that would allow my facility to begin sending these notices electronically? 

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately, in CA we still have to mail the notices.

If any part of the rent or other charges due from an occupant remain unpaid for 14 consecutive days, an owner may terminate the right of the occupant to the use of the storage space at a self-service storage facility by sending a notice to the occupant’s last known address and to the alternative address specified in subdivision (b) of Section 21712. The notice shall be sent by certified mail, postage prepaid, or by regular first-class mail if the owner obtains a certificate of mailing indicating the date the notice was mailed. 

• GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is good to know. Thanks. I could have sworn that CA changed the law. Guess not.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GlenMark said:
    This is good to know. Thanks. I could have sworn that CA changed the law. Guess not.
    The CSSA has been working on it, but it hasn't changed yet, sadly.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Even when Ca. law allows emailed Lien notices, I'm pretty sure we will still mail a hard copy anyway.

Even when the law is changed, you know it'll be challenged in court... seconds after the first set of auctions happen.. when someone claims they "didn't receive it" or "it went into spam folder, how is that my fault" or even "I haven't used that email in years!"

sigh.

• GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I want an actual signature.  That's why I send all of them out via certified mail.  I don't care if it costs $7 now!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads