Alignment feature on Map

Options
Can someone explain how to use the Alignment feature when setting up new units on the map?  I tried the training videos but seems to not be working for the map.  I have parking spots I need to layout at an angle. 

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Angles are extremely difficult!  My property is pretty much a triangle, so every floor of every building has angled aisles on one side.  I gave up trying and I don't use the map.  Using the diagonal alignment made them far too angled and out of place.  Placing them where they belong makes them like stair steps!  (Not to mention, I have triangular units, too, to make the most of the shape of the property.  Nothing I can do to put those on the map, either!)

That being said, you simply select all the units you want aligned and then click the alignment option you want.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @OHS@MamaDuke7 is correct and if you angle units, it will create a stairstep-look by default. Once the units are added to the map, they all show as 0* angles.  However, you can angle them if you hold the CTRL key and right-click on the units, click custom angle, enter the degrees, and click OK. Hope this helps a bit!
  • prowlett
    prowlett Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭
    Options
    That works, but it’s time consuming. I have properties that have many different directions. I like to enter my units by rows. Once I have them set down in a line, I test one to find the angle I need. I right click the unit. This gives me options. That way I don’t have to delete and re-add if it gets placed on the map wrong. Takes me maybe an hour to create a 600 unit facility. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads