Get to Know Your Customers Day!

Options
storable_support
storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
We’re celebrating Get to Know Your Customers Day today and are looking forward to hearing your answers to this one! 

If you comment, please send me a message (@storable_support) with your email address for a special, thank you treat!! :) 

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Strangest would have to be cremains...Nothing exciting yet lol. 
    Most ridiculous auction situation: A man had a 10X10 unit and fell behind. We take such a long time to do auctions that his balance really racked up, nevertheless, his brother stepped in to save the day. He paid the past due, several hundred dollars, only to open it up and realize the unit only had a tackle box in it....with no tackle. He was soooo mad at his brother  :D 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A jug of urine.   :s
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    A jug of urine.   :s
    Barf
  • storable_support
    Options
    Oh my gosh. You both definitely deserve a nice coffee break! Please check your inboxes shortly :)
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options

I've posted several pictures of nasty things found in auctioned / abandoned units in different threads, so i'll try to be better this time.

We had a 10x15 filled entirely with broken xylophones.. I mean HUNDREDS of them in various states of repair stacked everywhere.

The guy who defaulted on the unit kept saying that they were worth "Thousands of dollars if they were restored" All he needed was somebody to restore them... for free... Seriously he couldn't understand why nobody would do that for free!

Think the unit went for a dollar at auction. The guy had paid Thousands of dollars in rent before falling behind!

A close second was a 10x10 filled top to bottom with plastic bins. Sold for $400, and the winning bidder came into office right after asking for a little more time to clean out.

The bins were filled with rocks. Not valuable rocks, not minerals, just plain rocks of various sizes and colors.

The renter had a thing, collecting rocks he thought were "special"... as far as anyone could tell, they were just plain old rocks. TONS of rocks.

That poor buyer spent days lugging these bins out of the facility.

• storable_support
    Options
    Hi, @teamcapitola - will you please send me a message with your email address? I'd love to send you a gift card for a cup of coffee -- your comment rocked! (See what I did there??) ~Amy C.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Human remains.  :'(
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

... The bins were filled with rocks ...

I believe I remember your telling this story before.  Still amazes me.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads