Transferring from large to smaller unit

Options
GlenMark
GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
In instances where a tenant has transferred from a larger to a smaller unit, in doing so, the security deposit cannot be adjusted to match the deposit for the unit they are getting into. How come? In order to do this, you have to move the tenant out, refund their rent/deposit in cash, and then move them into the smaller unit and use that cash as payment for rent/deposit.

Yet, when transferring from a smaller to a larger unit, you can click on the Add- Security Deposit box under the Adjustments section on the middle right side of the screen. Calculate the remaining funds needed to bring the deposit up to what it needs to be and type it in.

My question is... is there an easier way to transfer tenants to smaller units and adjust their deposits accordingly?

Comments

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @GlenMark. Moving the tenant out of the larger unit, then into the smaller unit is the cleanest method to lower the Security Deposit on file. However, you don't need to actually pay out the refund. You can leave it sitting on the moved-out account, transfer it to the new unit after move-in, then apply it to the desired Security Deposit/Rent/Other Charges, and only pay out the remainder. I hope this info will help you! ~Amy C. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @GlenMark  I have asked for this update from Sitelink in the past as well.  It is disappointing it can't be modified to accommodate.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @storable_support as that is good. However, I would think that in the transfer window, one little button could be checked to apply deposit accordingly with extra going toward rent on the smaller unit. Would definitely streamline the process and save customers valuable time.

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, @GlenMark. I will make sure your suggestions get seen and considered by our developers. Our goal is always to save you time as it is so incredibly valuable!  

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads