New layout

Options
Faye
Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
Please tell me that everyone's page layout changed for the forums.

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah... not sure I'm liking it. But then, I am a little resistant to change sometimes.
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I closed it and "logged"  back in a few times before I realized it was just a change! It is definitely different! 
  • Faye
    Options
    themage said:
    yeah... not sure I'm liking it. But then, I am a little resistant to change sometimes.
    I feel the same way. This will definitely take some getting use to.
  • Faye
    Options
    I closed it and "logged"  back in a few times before I realized it was just a change! It is definitely different! 
    I also logged out, thinking what did I just log into?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep - will take some getting used to.  It is a little easier to read I've noticed.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • Storageinasnapp
    Storageinasnapp Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    @BusyProperties and @Faye I did the same thing!  :D  I agree with @i43storage. Easier to read, but will take some getting used to.   ;)
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I  don't like it, to me it is harder to read.   It's busier and there is less contrast.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did the same as you all lol. I only had an issue with how far down I had to scroll to see if there were any new posts, but we're able to dismiss the pinned topics so all good on my end :)
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello! So funny story...I am not a developer and was on a call to discuss ways in which we could improve users' experiences on the StorageForum yesterday, and enabled the changes unknowingly! I wanted to formally give y'all a heads-up that changes would be coming, but I kinda blew that one! Since it's live now, I'd love to test it a bit and gather the community's feedback to make sure we enable things that will make your lives easier. Please accept my apologies for springing this on everyone without notice and I'll be starting a thread in the next few days to gather your feedback. In the meantime, please feel free to message your thoughts to me directly. Sincerely, Amy C.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello! So funny story...I am not a developer and was on a call to discuss ways in which we could improve users' experiences on the StorageForum yesterday, and enabled the changes unknowingly! I wanted to formally give y'all a heads-up that changes would be coming, but I kinda blew that one! Since it's live now, I'd love to test it a bit and gather the community's feedback to make sure we enable things that will make your lives easier. Please accept my apologies for springing this on everyone without notice and I'll be starting a thread in the next few days to gather your feedback. In the meantime, please feel free to message your thoughts to me directly. Sincerely, Amy C.
    Haha! Nice "mistake"! So far I'm liking it!
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's pretty funny, Amy.  Great mistake!  I'm looking forward to your thread for constructive feedback. @storable_support
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • storable_support
    Options
    I definitely freaked out at first! But am trying to embrace Bob Ross's motto :)

• Faye
    Options
    So..... how do I get the notifications to clear after I have read a comment?
  • Faye
    Options
    Faye said:
    So..... how do I get the notifications to clear after I have read a comment?
    Never mind I figured it out. :smiley:
  • Nazpastortony
    Nazpastortony Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    whew! Thought I was losing my mind...i'll try to give it a chance but change is hard, lol.  as lon as I can easily see whats new and get to them then its cool...
  • Nazpastortony
    Options
    will be helpful if all the new posts/activities can be pushed to the top and highlighted as new.
  • Faye
    Options
    will be helpful if all the new posts/activities can be pushed to the top and highlighted as new.
    That is a good suggestion.
  • ACorona
    ACorona Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Options
    I second this suggestion. 
    Alyssa Corona
    www.rentess.com
  • storable_support
    Options
    ACorona said:
    I second this suggestion. 
    I "third" it and will look into this! Thank you :)
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Always have to ask the same question - What was broken that needed fixing!
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    rmason said:
    me too.  It was perfectly fine.  I also don't like that when you click on a discussion it takes you to the new comment, so I have to roll up and read the first comment to know what we are talking about.
  • Faye
    Options
    GSI03 said:
    rmason said:
    me too.  It was perfectly fine.  I also don't like that when you click on a discussion it takes you to the new comment, so I have to roll up and read the first comment to know what we are talking about.
    Yeah, I don't like that either. Sometimes I have to reread some of the comments to remember what was said, especially on older posts.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GSI03 said:
    I also don't like that when you click on a discussion it takes you to the new comment, so I have to roll up and read the first comment to know what we are talking about.
    To put my 2 cents worth in, I actually really like that!  I hate having to scroll all the way down past what I've already read to get to what the new content is.
  • Faye
    Options
    Maybe there should be an option to read oldest to newest or newest to oldest.
  • Nazpastortony
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    GSI03 said:
    I also don't like that when you click on a discussion it takes you to the new comment, so I have to roll up and read the first comment to know what we are talking about.
    To put my 2 cents worth in, I actually really like that!  I hate having to scroll all the way down past what I've already read to get to what the new content is.
    I agree. I just want to see what's new not re-read all of it.
  • Nazpastortony
    Options
    Faye said:
    Maybe there should be an option to read oldest to newest or newest to oldest.
    That's a great idea.
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hello! I've officially posted the thread to gather feedback on the new layout here. I just wanted to close the loop from my comment above -- you don't have to repost your feedback! I've already saved and categorized it :) 
  • ronsmate
    ronsmate Registered User
    Options
    Love It !

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads