Not trying to start a debate

Faye
Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
I'm curious if your facility is requiring employees to get the Covid - 19 vaccine? 

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Faye
    ESS said:
    No.
    How many employees are at your facility?
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    No.
    We have 4 locations, each location has 2 employees in store; A manager and an assistant manager. We are a family owned and operated company.
  • Faye
    ESS said:
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    No.
    We have 4 locations, each location has 2 employees in store; A manager and an assistant manager. We are a family owned and operated company.
    We are also family owned, with 2 locations. At this time there is only the resident manager at each facility that is working in the office and another woman that has been working from home since the beginning of Covid. We have a maintenance guy that only comes in when we have things that he needs to do outside. We have been given the choice to get the vaccine or loose our residence and job. Not in those words but that's what it boils down to.
  • ESS
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    No.
    We are also family owned, with 2 locations. At this time there is only the resident manager at each facility that is working in the office and another woman that has been working from home since the beginning of Covid. We have a maintenance guy that only comes in when we have things that he needs to do outside. We have been given the choice to get the vaccine or loose our residence and job. Not in those words but that's what it boils down to.
    That's awful! Are you in an at-will employment state?
  • Faye
    ESS said:
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    No.
    Yes, I'm in Michigan. I have been here for a little over 9 yrs and have lived in the residence for 7. 
  • ESS
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    No.
    Yes, I'm in Michigan. I have been here for a little over 9 yrs and have lived in the residence for 7. 
    I'm so sorry :(
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    My  company is  not requiring it, but I got my 2nd dose 2 days ago.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not requiring it here.  How can they legally do that @Faye?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ESS
    She is in at at-will state, like myself (Texas); Meaning they can fire you for anything...
  • Faye
    ESS said:
    She is in at at-will state, like myself (Texas); Meaning they can fire you for anything...
    They don't have to say they are firing me for not getting the vaccine. They can say something like " I'm gonna let you go because you don't rinse out your coffee cup". Hopefully they won't be that petty but that is the Jist of it.
  • Nazpastortony
    Nazpastortony Registered User ✭✭
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    Faye said:
    ESS said:
    No.
    Ah yes...good ol, Michigan.  I was raised there.  I left and will never return.

• JEFFRY
    JEFFRY Registered User ✭✭✭
    @Faye the company i work for did not require it, and will not fire us over it. but they do encourage it. to me it was a no brainer and got the vaccine, i want to go back to normal or as normal as we can get lol. i understand the hesitancy and it is your personal choice, you can always tell them that you cannot get it for health reasons?
  • Grizz
    Grizz Registered User
    From what I understand its illegal for a company to mandate getting shots that have not been fda approved
  • Faye
    Grizz said:
    From what I understand its illegal for a company to mandate getting shots that have not been fda approved
    I also think it is illegal to mandate a vaccine that is not FDA approved. Unfortunately they can fire anyone for any reason they want.
    I'm hesitant to get the vaccine right now. I'm not saying I won't get it but I would like to wait a little bit and see how it goes. I'm really torn and feeling like I'm being pressured into this. This is one HUGE downside to being a resident manager. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I sat in on a legal discussion about this in storage a couple weeks ago.  So far, it's completely legal for companies to require the employees to get this still-experimental vaccine or lose their jobs.  I suspect there will be lawsuits.  There are medical and religious exceptions.

I am not currently required, but I see it coming.  I'm already looking for work in another state, this may just push it faster!  However, I do have a medical exemption and have already told my boss that a couple times.
  • Faye
    MamaDuke7 said:
    I sat in on a legal discussion about this is storage a couple weeks ago.  So far, it's completely legal for companies to require the employees to get this still-experimental vaccine or lose their jobs.  I suspect there will be lawsuits.  There are medical and legal exceptions.

I am not currently required, but I see it coming.  I'm already looking for work in another state, this may just push it faster!  However, I do have a medical exemption and have already told my boss that a couple times.
    Fortunately for me I do not have any medical reasons to keep me from getting this experimental shot and I'm not religious. My husband had his1st shot and my son has had both of his shots. They both respect and understand my concerns but they wish I would get the vaccine.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    ...  So far, it's completely legal for companies to require the employees to get this still-experimental vaccine or lose their jobs ...
    Absolutely crazy.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads