New Layout -- Tell us what you think!

Options
storable_support
storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, the new layout's been live for almost a week now!

Good, bad, ugly -- please let us know what you think in the comments below. We'll try our hardest to modify where we can and take all possible measures to ensure that your time on the StorageForum is well-spent! 

Thank you, 
Amy C. 

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm diggin it! My favorite feature is I don't have to scroll all the way to the top to go back to Recent Posts, because it's frozen at the top. The only thing I wish would be changed, is for new/unread posts to automatically be at the top. Other than that, no complaints here!
  • GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not much of a fan.   There is less contrast so it is harder for me to read, it's busier, and I don't like that when you click on a topic it takes you to the latest post.  Then I usually have to scroll up to the top and read downwards to follow what is going on. 
  • dperry
    dperry Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    Not a fan myself.  I'm only wanting to ask a question and can't seem to find where I can do that. My question is does Sitelink have a place to process rental agreements?  I can't find anything
    Thank you!
     Diane
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dperry said:
    Not a fan myself.  I'm only wanting to ask a question and can't seem to find where I can do that. My question is does Sitelink have a place to process rental agreements?  I can't find anything
    Thank you!
     Diane

To create a new discussion, look on the right side of your screen and it is there above the categories. Can you elaborate a little more on what you mean about processing rental agreements? Are you trying to start a new rental?
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Amy - It would be nice if the question was highlighted in some way (colored, bold, different font, etc.) so that it sticks out from the comments.  Thanks.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could you also highlight differently the recent posts list as far as what has been read by the end user and what has not been read?  The bold is not that noticeable.  B)
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hi again, everyone! Thank you for your feedback. I am looking into making modifications wherever possible to improve your experience and implement some of the requested features. Would you prefer these updates to be rolled out all at once?  Please respond with 👍 for 'yes' and 👎 for 'no,' or share your thoughts via comment. Thank you!! ~Amy C.
  • ronsmate
    ronsmate Registered User
    Options
    Post changes as soon as they are available. :)
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, not a fan. I'm finding this trend of making everything "pretty/shiny" over "actually usable/productive" very annoying.

Its like the "3D MAP!" in MyHub  -- can I get a "flat ugly map that actually loads in a decent amount of time" instead?  We actually have to USE the software, not sell it to our customers.
  • i43storage
    Options
    Yeah, not a fan. I'm finding this trend of making everything "pretty/shiny" over "actually usable/productive" very annoying.

Its like the "3D MAP!" in MyHub  -- can I get a "flat ugly map that actually loads in a decent amount of time" instead?  We actually have to USE the software, not sell it to our customers.
    AMEN!
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hi, all. I wanted to follow up and let you know the latest in our efforts to improve upon these updates. Unfortunately, all but one of the tweaks you've suggested for the forum's new design aren't feasible in the current template. I've implemented the one that is -- a tag to see what's new (see the screenshot below).

I will research further to see if a different template might be a more effective solution and before pushing any additional changes live, I'll be sure to communicate and give y'all a heads-up!

My sincerest thanks go to @i43storage for suggesting that I remove outdated "announcement" tags on posts. I hope that this will make the readability better and allow for an overall smoother user experience.

I appreciate this community so much! 
    Sincerely,
    Amy C.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads