Allowing Safes for firearms in storage any thoughts?

Options
I had this specific question this week end. As I do not usually take inventory of personal property in units, I would not know what they are storing. I only ask no food and liquids of any kind. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• damianwilkey
    damianwilkey Registered User
    Options
    We do not allow any firearms, registered or not. We do not allow flammables, combustable or toxic materials. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We allow gun safes, and we allow guns as long as they aren't loaded.  Now, come auction time, it could be an issue.  But with 1300 units and delinquencies at under 1% at all times, it's really not a big concern.

Honestly, how the heck would I know if it was there or not anyway?
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like MamaDuke, we allow them, but not loaded and no ammo at all.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am happy to allow any and all guns, loaded or unloaded.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There isn't a clause in you lease that prohibits things like explosives, fireworks, and ammunition? That would seem to be a huge liability, right?
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't prohibit firearms, but we don't allow explosives or flammables, including ammunition. 
    Of course, enforcing that is something else. We had one unit go to auction that had a dozen cases of home made ammunition, acetylene and oxygen tanks, 2 live tarantulas, and a lot of (canned survival) food. 

All of that is prohibited in our agreement.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESS said:
    There isn't a clause in you lease that prohibits things like explosives, fireworks, and ammunition? That would seem to be a huge liability, right?

Our lease states no hazardous or toxic materials.  Explosives are hazardous.  Ammunition is not.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads