Possible to have different administration fees per unit type?

Options
teesee150
teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
We just switched over to the Davinci Lock system and want to include a lock with each rental on a self storage unit. We were just going to up our administration fee from $10 to $25 to cover the locks on move in, but we also have RV/parking rentals as well and want to leave those spots at $10 for the administration fee.

Is this possible thru Sitelink or is it possible to add a separate charge of $15 on move in for just the self storage units? About half of our rentals come thru our website so we need this to be automatically added or included on move in.

Comments

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @teesee150. We took a look at your website (linked in your profile) and it looks to be managed by StoragePug. Assuming this is correct, this is how we'd recommend you do this: create a new charge called XYZ in SiteLink, keep the admin at the rate for all unit types, and then, contact Storage Pug to ask them to add XYZ charge to self-storage rentals from the website. Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions. ~Amy C. 
  • teesee150
    Options
    Hi @teesee150. We took a look at your website (linked in your profile) and it looks to be managed by StoragePug. Assuming this is correct, this is how we'd recommend you do this: create a new charge called XYZ in SiteLink, keep the admin at the rate for all unit types, and then, contact Storage Pug to ask them to add XYZ charge to self-storage rentals from the website. Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions. ~Amy C. 
    Exactly the info I needed. Thanks!
  • teesee150
    Options
    @storable_support
    I just talked to StoragePug and they said this is not possible with their sites. Any other ideas or is StoragePug wrong on this?
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again, @teesee150. Apologies for the misdirection. It seems as though this is a design choice StoragePug has made with regards to whether their sites can be configured to add an additional charge based on unit types/sizes. We know that this can be a complex process. In general, the admin fee is a fixed cost for all unit types. Another option could be to set different security deposit amounts as needed and then, choose not to issue sec dep refunds at move-out. This option has its limitations and quirks so isn't usable by all operators. We'd be happy to walk you through this process from our end. Just give us a call at 919-865-0789, Option 2.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been asking for awhile now for an upgrade in Sitelink to allow different admin fees for different units.  No luck yet.  I need to manually add the admin fee when I move in.   :(
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads