Ask An Expert

Options
ShedStuff
ShedStuff Registered User ✭✭✭
Was todays' Q & A cancelled?

Answers

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @ShedStuff. So sorry for any inconvenience; we did cancel this week's Q&A as James was out of the office. Is there anything I can help you with?  ~Amy C.
  • ShedStuff
    ShedStuff Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Was the Ask An Expert Q & A cancelled for today?
    If so; why can you sign up for them if not going to be held?
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hi @ShedStuff. We're so sorry! When James started today's Q&A, there were 0 participants. He waited for some time but decided to cancel since no one had dialed in -- you must have just missed one another! There won't be a Q&A next week (James will be out of town); can I help you with something in the meantime?
  • RichDawg
    RichDawg Registered User
    Options
    Here is a problem that has been bugging me for years and years with Sitelink web edition.  Say I have a customer with 3 units. All on auto pay via his credit card. If he wants a 4th unit and wants it on the same card as his other 3 I should be able to select it since it's already stored. Instead I have to call him and get the card info all over again and deal with him saying you already have it blah blah blah.  
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RichDawg said:
    Here is a problem that has been bugging me for years and years with Sitelink web edition.  Say I have a customer with 3 units. All on auto pay via his credit card. If he wants a 4th unit and wants it on the same card as his other 3 I should be able to select it since it's already stored. Instead I have to call him and get the card info all over again and deal with him saying you already have it blah blah blah.  
    You don't actually have to do that. Instead of going to the payment screen, hit Finish. Go back into the account and the new unit will be added there and you can process from the cards on file. When it asks if you if you want to use that card for autopay, hit yes and it will save it to that unit, as well.
  • RichDawg
    RichDawg Registered User
    Options
    ESS said:
    RichDawg said:
    You don't actually have to do that. Instead of going to the payment screen, hit Finish. Go back into the account and the new unit will be added there and you can process from the cards on file. When it asks if you if you want to use that card for autopay, hit yes and it will save it to that unit, as well.
    Thanks but when I try that it does not give me the option to save it for future payments. So I had a guy move in yesterday who has 4 units. He got a 5th. His cc is on file. I moved him in. Did like you said and hit finish and went into his account to process the payment.  His card is on file but does not give me the option to use it for future payments for that new unit.  
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RichDawg said:
    ESS said:
    RichDawg said:
    Thanks but when I try that it does not give me the option to save it for future payments. So I had a guy move in yesterday who has 4 units. He got a 5th. His cc is on file. I moved him in. Did like you said and hit finish and went into his account to process the payment.  His card is on file but does not give me the option to use it for future payments for that new unit.  
    It's a setting in your setup that you have to choose to prompt you to save a CC on AP. It's a work around, but it will get you there. I too wish we were just able to choose from the cards on file since it's obviously the same tenant.
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hi again, @RichDawg. There is a setting that controls whether the prompt happens. The last checkbox option in the screenshot below controls the prompt.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think what he's saying is that you STILL have to manually enter the card again (or swipe the card again) to save the new unit to automatically use that card.

My settings are as above (to "prompt to save as auto bill info..."), but that doesn't work on a new linked account if you pay for it using the dropdown for stored card....the option to manually use the same card is there, but you can't set that new unit to use it automatically without fully entering the card again. If I enter a new card (or the stored card) completely for payment on the new unit it will then prompt to use it...but....

Example:   

I move in a new unit to an existing tenant with 2 other units. The other 2 units are setup for autopay already using a Visa ending in 0101.

I finish the move in, linking the new unit to the existing 2. I can now take a payment for the new linked unit using the existing stored Visa card, but it will not allow me to make the new unit automatically bill using that card.

I have to get the whole card info again, and enter it into the new units auto bill settings to make it autobill going forward. 

Unless something has radically changed in the last month?  

• ESS
    Options
    Doing it the way I stated above will keep you from having to re-enter the card info AND will trigger the card on the new account for autopay. I've have used this method as a work around for over a year now and if you hit finish and go back to take the payment, this will work every time. You have to have the prompt setup for auto bill and it will save it then too, while making the payment with the card already on file.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESS said:
    Doing it the way I stated above will keep you from having to re-enter the card info AND will trigger the card on the new account for autopay. I've have used this method as a work around for over a year now and if you hit finish and go back to take the payment, this will work every time. You have to have the prompt setup for auto bill and it will save it then too, while making the payment with the card already on file.
    Just make sure when processing the payment, you have selected the single unit at the top left (NOT All Units).  That's the secret to getting the prompt to set up autobill.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    ESS said:
    Just make sure when processing the payment, you have selected the single unit at the top left (NOT All Units).  That's the secret to getting the prompt to set up autobill.
    Huh, That never used to work, but I guess the last time I tried was years ago!  That's awesome.

EDIT -- it still will demand the CV code be entered when it prompts to add the card, so make sure you have it first!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads