Multiple reservations on a single unit

GlenMark
GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
This has been a problem with SiteLink for a long time; where someone can reserve and pay the fee for a unit online and then someone else can reserve and pay the fee for the same unit after.  This creates a serious problem when you only have one unit available.

Normally if a reservation is made online during business hours, I will go to the unit map and exclude the unit from being on the reservation list. But weekends, or after hours, I cannot.

Would seem logical, and not too terribly difficult to just exclude a unit from the reservation list if a unit has already been reserved and the reservation fee paid.

After all, it is the 21st Century.

Comments

• ACorona
    ACorona Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    I get what you're saying, but it makes sense in case the first person that reserved backs out of the unit, thus giving you the next person in line. 
    Alyssa Corona
    www.rentess.com
  • GlenMark
    99% of our reservations are converted to rentals. Most people who are unsure usually just make an appointment request, which is free. Having multiple reservations on a single unit means I might have to reverse the reservation fee on one, and explain why I am doing so. More hassle than it's worth really.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there's a way to tell Sitelink not to show already reserved units, but to treat them as rented.  I know I'm set up that way.  As soon as a unit is reserved, it's no longer available on the website.

But right now, for the life of me I can't remember where that particular setup item is.  @storable_support can you help?
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems like a website setting. We don't do online reservations, so I am not certain, but we can set our website to allow more reservations than available units, or to show unavailable units. Our website doesn't show reserved units.

Double check your admin settings in your website or call your website manager and see if it is something that can be set on that end.
  • GlenMark
    We have a static website page, but all links (reservations, online payments, etc.) go to SiteLink's smdservers pages. So, it's a SiteLink issue.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @GlenMark, it sounds like you're using Web Template and should be able to turn on settings that should solve this issue for you. We'd be happy to walk you through this! Please give us a call at 919-865-0789, Option 2. ~Amy C.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads