Tenants "Flip-Flopping" Units

Options
Hello! I have two tenants who know each other and want to switch units. Tenant A has a 10x20 and Tenant B has a 10x10.

What is the easiest way to switch units between the two tenants? Tenant A is paid through 6/6/21 and Tenant B is paid through 5/28. Both have a $40.00 security deposit. Can I move both tenants out completely and move them back into their new units, or is there an easier way to go? I don't necessarily want them to have to pay another $40.00 security deposit if I move them out completely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know this situation doesn't come up very often.

Best Answer

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would definitely move them both out and move them both back in.  Nice and clean.  
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

Answers

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would move out tenant B.  Then transfer tenant A to the other space.  Then move tenant B back into A's space.
  • Springfield9650
    Springfield9650 Registered User
    Options
    MamaDuke7, if I do it that way, Tenant A's security deposit would transfer over and only Tenant B would have to pay a new security deposit (even though they will get their original deposit back on his 10x10). Is that correct? 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Springfield9650 - yes!  It eliminates the hassle of one of the deposits.
  • Faye
    Faye Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    @Springfield9650 - yes!  It eliminates the hassle of one of the deposits.
    Isn't it possible to transfer tenant B's sec deposit from moved out unit to new units after move in?

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads