Letter History

Options
Is there a way to see a history of letters that we have sent customers? I see that it automatically notates the account within the notes section, but I'm looking for a way to see the exact letter we sent in Sitelink. Like if I sent a letter in October and need to reprint that exact letter am I able to do so? The previous operator I worked for stored all previous letters on the account so we could regenerate letters from years ago in case of a legal issue with a customer. The only solution I'm coming up with is having a physical copy on file but we are trying to eliminate physical copies as much as possible.

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sitelink doesn't store the actual letters, just notates that they were sent.

Your only other option is if you use the Simple Certified Mail to process your letters.  They would have a digital copy.
  • ablestoragejohn
    ablestoragejohn Registered User
    Options
    I find this bizarre that this not a standard feature. Thank you for your response.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can also email yourself a copy of anything sent by mail or email. It is sometimes an extra step, but if you need that level of traceability, it might be better than hard copy.

If Sitelink kept a full copy of every piece of correspondence, the database would get huge in a pretty short time, especially if they had to keep that information for years after account closure. Sites with thousands of tenants would be generating tens of thousands of letters and emails each month.

On the other hand, if you use the same set of forms each time, then the notes should give you all the information you need to re-create the letter. The time and date can be manually entered, as well as any other customer info necessary.

You can also create the forms as E-sign documents if you need to keep copies of signed forms.
  • ablestoragejohn
    ablestoragejohn Registered User
    Options
    We transitioned away from Storage Commander. I could go into every account and print the letter that was sent with each note, though they are more behind on the times on a lot of functions and presentation, it made it very easy to find a notice if a customer has a dispute. I work with a facility with just over 900 units and it was never an issue having the letters generate or print.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it's an important letter, whether we email or mail it to the tenant, we print a copy to place in their file and write when we sent it to the tenant and how, then initial it.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is going to sound patronizing, but we always either print a copy of any letters sent storing them in the tenants folder, or digitally save them in a separate file folder on our server (incident reports etc.)

This way we have something to reference later if / when needed.
  • MemorialDriveStorage
    MemorialDriveStorage Registered User
    Options
    Not sure if this helps, If you have the date the original was sent you can go into letters from the customers account, find the letter that was sent and click on the same letter. On the right had side under document setup you can change the date to original date and then click on filled documents and print. From there you can print, export or email. As long as you have not edited any of the letters or changed the customers info, it would be the same.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads