Chateau products alternative?

teamcapitola
teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been having issues with Chateau over the last year regarding backorders and invoicing, so we are looking to transition to another vendor.

Now that they closed the Las Vegas warehouse, everything ships out of Florida (and we are in California!) so lead times are now an issue too.

Anyone have a "favorite" retail product vendor they recommend? A wider selection of products would be nice as well, but quality product is the key point.

We have been with Chateau for 11 years, so I really haven't looked into alternatives.

I've heard good things about Supply Side, but haven't ordered anything yet.
Tagged:

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I just got a past due invoice because they invoiced me about 3 weeks before I actually received my locks.  Grrrr.  

At this point, I only buy locks and the boxed rolls of bubble wrap from them.  Everything else I buy from CDS.  But the Chateau disc locks are superior.  Sigh...
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Yeah, I just got a past due invoice because they invoiced me about 3 weeks before I actually received my locks.  Grrrr.  

At this point, I only buy locks and the boxed rolls of bubble wrap from them.  Everything else I buy from CDS.  But the Chateau disc locks are superior.  Sigh...
    I just had a rep literally Laugh at me when I told them that my accounting had cut the check. Then she demanded to know what date it was sent. This was over just a $150 wayward invoice.

11 years we have had a net account with them.

But yeah...the locks are fantastic!  I'm hoping to find another vendor with decent quality locks.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not necessarily recommending them, but Supply Side USA has done a good job the few times we ordered from them. 
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    I have good luck with Move 'N Store #800-562-7900
  • teamcapitola

I just spoke with Chateau and they are backordered on all locks...6 weeks lead!

Ordered a few SKU's from SupplySide, so just waiting to see how the quality is. I'm very happy with the customer service and shipping though.

• GSI03
    GSI03 Registered User ✭✭✭
    I'm quite happy with Supply Side.   
  • teamcapitola
    I ordered a few different locks from Supply Side to check out the quality, fit and finish. I am really impressed by the quality of the locks! Chateau still has the best locks, but when they are backordered for months Supply Side is a viable alternative.

The packaging isn't as nice or "classy" as Chateau, but my customers like the locks themselves. We are very happy to have them as a new vendor for us.
  • Madonna
    Madonna Registered User
    I think the supply chain issues has really affected Chateau. We have never had an issue with them but just before Christmas we ordered locks that ended up on back order and we finally got them in April. So if they are down to only 6 weeks backorder it is improving some. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads